Chapter Six: Slughorn's Dinner Party

Start bij het begin

"You may go."

"Are you okay?" Hermione whispered towards the icy-eyed boy who seemed to be deep in thought.

"Y-Yeah." Y/N stuttered, relaxing his facial expression.

There was no way Y/N could tell anyone about his suspicions. Not if it would somehow hurt his brother.

"Why is it when something happens, it is always you four?" McGonagall shook her head at the quartet.

"Believe me, professor. I've been trying to avoid it for the past six years." Y/N rolled his eyes, reliving all of the trouble he had gone through for the other three.

This year, all his troubles weren't because he wanted to aide his friends though. This year it was for his family.

"Oh, Severus." McGonagall called out to the Professor that was just passing by.

McGonagall asked him to inspect the necklace and he obliged. He used his wand to lift the necklace up while the quartet watched behind them, patiently waiting to be let go.

"What do you think?"

"I think Miss Bell is lucky to be alive." Snape replied, staring at the old necklace.

"She was cursed, wasn't she?" Harry bravely spoke up.

"I know Katie. Off the Quidditch pitch, she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Professor Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly."

"Yes, she was cursed." McGonagall confirmed.

"It was Malfoy." Harry stated blunty.

"Excuse me?" Y/N spat out angrily.

He knew it could definitely be his brother but there was no way he'd let them know that.

"Draco Malfoy." Harry corrected himself.

"I think I'd know if my brother was trying to murder the headmaster." Y/N lied.

Hermione squeezed Y/N's hand. He was a good liar, she'd admit. But it was still wrong. She had always followed the rules, always did what was right but she couldn't let Y/N get taken away. She loved him far too much.

"That is a very serious accusation, Potter." McGonagall glared at Harry.

"Indeed." Snape agreed, placing the necklace back onto the table.

"Your evidence?"

"I just know." Harry said seriously.

"You just... know." Snape repeated in disbelief.

"You astonish with your gifts, Potter. Gifts mere mortals can only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the Chosen One."

"I suggest you go back to your dormitories. All of you." McGonagall sighed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N didn't return to the dormitories after that. He went straight to the only place he felt safe. By the lake under the tree.

Sinking down against the tree, his hand finding it's way into his soft blonde locks as he felt a wave of panic finally come out after his brave lies in front of the Professors.

It was definitely Draco that tried to sent the cursed necklace to Dumbledore. Y/N had no doubts about it and sooner or later he'd have to confront his brother about it. About doing things on his own without telling Y/N, about doing something that wasn't in their plan and ending up hurting an innocent person.