Dark Side of the Moon

Start from the beginning

"I'm not so sure about that."

"We need to change."

Kara grabbed a shawl and a poncho from the little vendor and Barry raised an eyebrow, then he grinned at her.

"Kara Danvers? Stealing?"

Kara stuck her tongue out at him.

"I'll find some way to repay them. Assuming we get the black rock and whatever currency they have here."

"Right, like we'll have time for that," Barry teased.

"Just put this on," Kara ordered, shoving a poncho into his hands.

Barry sighed and pulled off his cowl, shoving a poncho over his head. They walked through the markets, Kara seemed to dim considerably, and Barry noticed that.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking how ironic this is. Donning disguises across the solar system seems to be my karma."

"It's necessary for survival," Barry told her.

"So is Kara Danvers. I just wish my day-to-day life didn't have to have a disguise. It's exhausting."

"I get it, I really do. But sometimes we just have to deal with the cards we are given. Having someone who understands us by our side helps," Barry responded, his lips curling into the innocent smile Kara always loved about him. 

"There's always a tradeoff isn't there for the responsibilities we have?"

"Yes, there will always be sacrifices, and that's the downside of being a superhero."

Kara nodded her head as she followed the signal of the black rock. The device thrummed as the red dot marked the spot, they were close.

"We're getting close. It's this way."

They made their way to the middle of a grassy clearing in a dense forest. Kara heard the frantic pulses the data pad was giving off. They made it to an old worn down monument, Kara paused as she read what was on the walls. 

"And on Earth, the soul is lost in the destruction. May their flames forever burn in Rao's light. It's a Kryptonian memorial," Kara gasped out, feeling the symbols on the wall. 

"This is Krypton?" Barry asked.

"No... Argo," Kara breathed.

Suddenly robot patrols surrounded them. 

"Don't move," All of them boomed.

"Identify yourself."

"Stay where you are."

"What do you want me to do?" Barry asked as he charged up lightning.

"Cease hostility!" One droid shouted as he pulled out a futuristic double-bladed sword.

"Stand down, caretakers!" A female voice shouted.

When she saw her, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Mom," Kara croaked.

"Oh shoot," Barry quietly murmured.

"Kara? Is that you?"

Kara walked towards her mother, tears streaming down her face. They embraced one another as her mother sobbed into her shoulder. 

"Wow, how are you alive?" Kara asked in wonder.

"Your father created a shield to protect Argo when Krypton exploded. We would have never sent you away if we had known it would work. I thought you were dead... I don't understand. I saw your pod get knocked into the phantom zone."