Fullness of emotions | 10

Time: episode 10.
Place: Motel Y; Ironspliter Mine.
__________

I was wrong. I just made an unforgivable, fatal mistake. I should have known that a criminal as attentive to detail as theoretical Michael couldn't have left a phone there, that really important lead for us. I should not only be in a hurry to connect apps, but also check their contents and functions... Heck. As soon as Ana entered the maps, the evidence that worked 'for us' became a weapon 'against us'. And I was the one who asked her to watch everything. I even reminded her about the maps app, which she'd ignored at first. Now the criminal actually has the hut's location. And it's all my fault. Everything is simple.

•°•°•°

Jake:
I will tell the others.
And I will take full responsibility for what happened.
[22:04]

Ana:
No, Jake
They've only just started trusting you
[22:04]

Jake:
I gave you the instruction to open this app.
Besides, I know what your friends mean to you.
[22:05]

Ana:
Either way, I don't want you to do that
I will stand up for my mistakes
[22:05]

Jake:
This is very honorable decision.
[22:06]

•°•°•°

At any other time. The willingness to take responsibility for your own mistakes is a wonderful trait, it's even close to me. So much so that it is confusing and does not allow me to react correctly. Yes, the ability to stand up for mistakes is a good thing, of course. But what was her mistake here? Because she didn't tell me, the tech and information specialist on our team, something like 'Jake, you're talking nonsense, maps only work when GPS is turned on!'? Even ridiculous. And I know that if she hesitates even for a second, I will write it in the chat instead of her, I will admit how... I was tricked. She knows, too. And she doesn't hesitate.

It's amazing how these guys, this group, react. 'Don't worry about it, Ana. You've always helped us, you were always there for us' and after all, you have the right to make a mistake. Jessica says something like that, and the others has similar reaction. Amazing. That this is possible.

They don't have much time. They need to get out of this hut into Duskwood or somewhere else, get away before it's too late... But they suddenly decide to stay and fight back. It turns out that Dan can make fiery speeches, who would have thought. Fight, not run away, stop living in constant fear... Maybe I have something to learn from them. A sudden change of direction could be an immense tactical advantage. Even if this current change is following an unexpected move on our enemy's part. Well... if they decide to fight, I need to try to do something to help them.

Hm. Any connection, any searching requests leave traces. If I can just grab that lead and follow it... We will give the result. Come on, 'Michael', where did you send this request from?

Fortunately, it doesn't occur to him to turn off his phone. Yes, he knows some details and rules, even bypasses me at a certain stage. But he doesn't pay attention to the pitfalls. I'll have to spend a few minutes calculating the trail.

This takes longer than I expected and gives less than expected results. In the end, I get access to the microphone of the so-called Michael, although I was hoping to get his own GPS tracker data.

I already have access to the group's phones. It remains only to combine the data and work together to know something useful. How unusual.

•°•°•°