Fullness of emotions | 7

Time: episode 7.
Place: city X; motel Y.

A/n: Let's imagine two things:
1. Jake could be hurt by pursuers (you all know that art by slow.hazel, right?)
2. Jake knows Phil.
__________

Finally a city again. Big, anonymous, but still different. I walk like a shadow among the bunches of people, among the lights of signs and houses. A few days since the last stop. I can barely move my legs. Once they almost caught me, leaving me with a nasty scrape and a confused mind as a gift. Everything is better now.

I managed to connect to a public power supply for a short time while riding the subway, but there is still so little power that any conversations on the network are an unacceptable luxury.

Something's different in the city. Something has changed. Everywhere I go, I see and hear it. Billboards, graffiti, even news on screens in stores and talks of passers-by. "#IAmJake", "let's help our friend", "wherever you are, we are there for you ;)". These are all pieces of the same puzzle, of course. I know who the first "we" are, but I don't understand what they're doing.

Now I can almost react calmly, but when I saw it for the first time, I... I just stand in front of this sign on the wall, this hashtag, and I almost cry. This is weird, it's not my style at all. But this inscription, everything behind it... This is even weirder. Nobody has ever done anything lime that for me in my entire life. Nobody. Never. And even if it's a useless thing and a waste of personal time, they try to help me, try to protect me, take risks for me. I just can't find the words to explain my feelings even for myself.

I continue my way. I'm walking between the lights when I hear it. Notification. No, it's even an alarm. Nymos, a hastily written program that should to protect her, at least temporarily, in case my pursuers tried to sneak up on me from the other side. I didn't even have time to finish the work when I had to run, but...

I duck into a dark, narrow alley, press my back against the wall, and check. Well...

 Well

Either the attackers are weak, or Nymos is better than I expected, but he deals with the attack without my help. Or - and it's even worse - this is just an attempt to test the waters, they plan to come back later. Now I can't just wait, it's time to act, look for a shelter where can stay for a few days. Lay low in a very deep place and try to do something in case they try it again. This city probably isn't enough.

I correctly got their actions. They are returned. The second alarm goes off, and I'm trapped in a car on the outskirts of town. It takes longer, but Nymos still manages to deal with the attack. You might not be so lucky next time. I asked the driver stop the car as close as possible, kind of my plans are suddenly changing.

That's how I end up in a small motel. Funny. At the reception, I see a girl with "#IAmJake " on her right hand. This isn't just happening in one city. And it really helps to stay here for a while.