Fullness of emotions | 6

Time: episode 6.
Place: somewhere in the world, rainy place.
_______________

I read her messages. Again. Even if I don't want to do it again. But this is a special situation. Due to the forced escape, I can't log in to the network for several days, I remain cut off from any information on the investigation. I have to compensate for this in such a way that I don't have to spend her time retelling all the events.

Now, sitting in some flimsy building, somehow sheltered from the rain, I can afford a short contact. Just for investigation. Nothing more.

She makes a lot of progress without my help. She finds all the new details and files, and all I have to do is direct her thoughts in the right direction. It remains only to discuss all the details found. It's finally possible to link Hannah's diary entry to the bracelet and the mysterious Jennifer I can't find out about. Even if some important pieces to this puzzle are still missing.

•°•°•°

Jake:
At least we can now assume that Hannah bought the bracelet herself.
[20:21]
That way, the lover theory also losses credibility.
[20:22]

Ana:
First I thought the J on the bracelet was for Jake
[20:23]
A kind of love bracelet.
[20:25]

•°•°•°

I read the messages and almost drop the device, coughing. She thought what?! J was for my name? A love bracelet? Is this a joke? For a moment it seems so, but... She doesn't know who Hannah is to me yet. Sometimes I think she knows more about me than I tell her. I wouldn't be surprised if she already knew how Hannah and I were actually connected. And suddenly this. No joke, then. She... Could it be that Ana is writing this out of jealousy? If she wrote all of these "like" kind of things... Well. I'll have to open cards a little.

•°•°•°

Jake:
Neither was I Hannah's lover, nor did I have any other form relationship with her.
[20:27]

Ana:
I'm glad to read it 🙂
[20:27]

•°•°•°

To think that she really is... But, dismissing the emotional nonsense, I can not help but note: its observation is amazing. Knowing the truth, I would never have considered the initials on the bracelet in this way. This situation doesn't lead us anywhere, but knowing about this skill can be useful in the future. In the meantime, we have to just continue to discuss what we know, if we have time for now.

•°•°•°

Jake:
We're so close to our goal, Ana.
You've made a lot of progress. Without my help.
[20:37]

Ana:
Great, now it's your turn cloud hacking
[20:38]

•°•°•°

And even in this situation, she manages to make me laugh. I lie down on the straw and cover my mouth with my elbow, trying not to make a sound. I can't give myself away that easily. Unbelievable, just unbelievable. How does she do it?

But even this is not the main thing. I think we're about to finish discussing everything related to the investigation, so I should end the conversation and turn off the device again, saving the last percentage of the charge. But instead, I did...

•°•°•°

Jake:
Can we talk a bit more, Ana?
I mean
Apart from everything else?
[20:43]

Ana:
You mean small talk? 🤭
[20:44]

Jake:
Yes, exactly.

Ana:
I'd love to
[20:44]

Jake:
Please, excuse my phrasing.
[20:45]

•°•°•°

And we're making small talk again, even if I can't think of anything better to say than "how was your day?" Ana handles it better. She has so many questions... And I trust her, tell her everything that interests her. About racing with my pursuers, about time to small talk, which I almost don't have, about trust. I can't stop. I've been waiting for this conversation for so long, every minute of my journey I find myself thinking about her.

Ana says she's worried about me, it's so weird. I definitely don't want make her to do this, so I throw out some kind of life-affirming phrase, kind of "they won't find me". If only I'd doubted it a little less myself... They're on my trail, getting closer than ever. And maybe this time I'll can't get away... Anyway, I will not give up, I will run and hide as long as I have any, even the smallest chance.

•°•°•°

Jake:
Can you go on with the telephone list in the meantime?
[20:59]

Ana:
Sure
[20:59]

Jake:
If anything happens, you can message me any time.
[20:59]

Ana:
Same to you
[21:00]

Jake:
I think it would be be
[21:00]

•°•°•°

Damn it. The power saving mode doesn't help - the screen goes black, I'm left in total darkness without the ability to connect the charge block. I'll have to wait until morning and look for a place with minimal amenities to be at least a little inside the information field. And not just for that.

This messenger has a strange feature: the message is sent if you close the chat window. Device died before I can finish the sentence, I can only wonder what she thinks, having received this piece of information right after talking about the proximity of my pursuers.

But the worst is yet to come: if I can't get back online soon, a special program will be launched, a system of riddles for Ana and Lilly. They'll find out about me and Hannah, but... Am I really taking my time recording that video for them?

Now I don't know. Now I can't influence anything. I'm completely offline.