Despite your surprise, you reciprocate right away, hugging her and burying your face in her neck, the sweet smell of her shampoo relaxing every muscle in your body at once.

"Be careful." She asks and you nod slowly, not wanting that moment to end. But Steve is waiting for you, so you break the embrace.

Before you pull away completely, however, you unconsciously deposit a soft kiss on the brunette's forehead. The action takes Wanda by surprise, who looks up at you with slightly wide eyes and intensely rosy cheeks. Feeling your own cheeks warm, you bid the Sokovian farewell.

With a beating heart and a confused mind, you leave the room.

"Hey," Wanda says as she notices you in the room, smiling at you through the mirror, and you smile back. "We're almost late." You warn, pointing at your wristwatch, and Wanda giggles before walking over to you

"I've been trying to get ready for like an hour and a half, because I know you're going to look so good and I need to try and match up." She says, wrapping her arms around your neck and you instinctively bring your hands to her waist.

"That's a great excuse," you say with a chuckle, "but it doesn't work, since you always look better than me." You flirt back and Wanda smiles broadly. "I strongly disagree."

"You're entitled to your wrong opinion." You retort with a fake serious tone and Wanda giggles, rolling her eyes in amusement, and you smile. The redhead then connects her lips to yours and you melt against her touch.

"Are you ready?" you ask as the kiss ends and Wanda nods as she moves away from you. "Yeah, I'm just getting my purse."

Ready now, you and Wanda leave the house, walking to your car. As you drive, you notice out of the corner of your eye the redhead watching intently the streets you pass by.

"Where are we going?" She finally asks, surrendering to curiosity, and you giggle, your eyes remaining on the road ahead. "It's a surprise."

"Or I could just read your mind." She murmurs playfully, and you force an offended grimace. "Keep your magic to yourself, witchy." You scold, making the woman next to you chuckle.

Even though you know Wanda would never read your mind without your permission, you feel your palms breaking into a cold sweat. That couldn't happen, not today.

A few minutes later you stop the car in front of a restaurant. The place is fancy but maintains a very pleasant air of simplicity. The redhead looks at you curiously, but you just smile at her before getting out of the car.

As the two of you approach the entrance to the restaurant, you can see that the place is empty, no other customers besides you, and Wanda turns to you with a mixture of curiosity and amusement in her gaze. "What's going on?"

"Well, I wanted to bring you somewhere nice, but I know how overwhelmed you get with people and all their thoughts, so I had the restaurant closed just for us." You explain with a smile and Wanda looks at you with a mixture of excitement and surprise. "How-"

"Tony." You reply. "Of course," Wanda comments with a giggle and you giggle as well. But then the redhead's laugh turns into a smile, her eyes locked on yours with admiration. "This is really sweet, babe, thank you."

"Anything for you, my love." You say simply, your words loaded with adoration, and Wanda smiles broadly, bringing her hand to the side of your face and kissing you next. You smile against her lips as you reciprocate.

"Shall we?" You ask as the kiss ends, offering your arm to Wanda in an exaggerated gesture, and the redhead giggles. "We shall." She agrees in the same tone, taking your arm and walking with you next.

Then you sit down at one of the many empty tables and soon a waiter comes over to attend to you.

You eat, drink, and talk as you usually do, the warm and intimate air making your heart flutter with happiness.

But then at some point in the evening, you fall silent, in a trance as you admire the woman in front of you, every detail of her making your smile widen.

"What is it?" Wanda asks with an amused smile on her lips, her chin resting on her hand as a slight blush spreads across her cheeks. "I remember practicing how to ask you out in the mirror." You speak, still admiring her, and the redhead chuckles.

"I mean it!" You say, chuckling as well, "I'd plan a whole speech just to forget it completely the moment I saw you." You tell and Wanda smiles fondly at you, her eyes never leaving yours as she takes a sip of her drink.

"You always made me so nervous. You still do, not gonna lie." You say honestly, making Wanda giggle. You grin from ear to ear as your heart chooses the words for you. "But now what you really make me feel is comfort, is safety. And a love I thought impossible to exist. You were my best friend, and then my lover, and then my everything."

You notice happy tears pooling in the corners of Wanda's eyes, her shy smile warming every bit of your body. You take a deep breath, trying to ignore the way your heart has started beating uncontrollably now.

"You are a part of me, and it's gotten to the point where I can't imagine my life without you. Therefore," you speak, taking your hand to the inside pocket of your jacket, "I need to ask." You watch as Wanda's eyes follow the small box out of its hiding place, a small gasp escaping her lips. "Wanda Maximoff, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" She answers promptly, the tears finally falling, "Yes, a hundred times yes." She completes wholeheartedly, and you feel your heart almost leap out of your chest.

You place the ring on Wanda's finger, and she admires the piece with a genuinely happy smile on her face. The redhead brings her hand to your face next, and deposits a brief, soft kiss on your lips, salted by her tears.

"I love you so much, darling." She says, her eyes locked on yours and her hand still on your cheek across the table. Admiring the woman you love, you smile broadly, the certainty that you've never been happier warming your chest.

"I love you from the bottom of my heart, sweetheart."