"Don't call him that," Steve snapped.

"Sorry," she muttered.

"Anyway," Dustin continued, "the day he went missing me, Lucas, and Mike all discovered that there's another world just like Hawkins. Picture it sitting directly below us, only it's nothing like Hawkins. It's called the Upside Down. Monsters live there. Will was trapped there and then he got out with the help of a girl named Eleven-"

"What happened to one through ten?" Stacey joked.

"We don't know," Max answered her. "But we do know that they were a part of some secret government weapon. They controlled these kids and gave them powers."

Stacey kept her mouth shut as she listened to the rest of the story. Eddie wanted someone to jump out and say that it was all some nasty prank. But it wasn't. After the story had finished the two learned that the Upside Down was very real and that it was closer than they thought.

Eddie brought his hand to his face and rubbed his eyes. "So this girl-"

"Eleven," Max filled in.

"Eleven," Eddie corrected, "had super powers, and then she lost them. These monsters are back again and she's in California, but we need her powers to beat them?"

"So did you see anything last night? Dark particles?" Max tried. Eddie shook his head.

"No, it was nothing you could see or touch," Eddie shook his head as he stared at the ground.

"She was in a trance like Eddie said before," Stacey chimed in. Dustin's head perked up.

"A spell?"

Eddie's dark eyes met Dustin. "A curse."

"A curse?" Stacey whispered to herself.

"Vecna's curse," Dustin said.

"Like the bad dude from D&D?" Stacey put out there remembering Eddie mentioning him during the game.

Steve's eyebrows pressed together. "Who's Vecna?"

"An undead creature of great power," Dustin answered.

"A spell caster," Eddie said under his breath.

"So we're fighting a dark demonic wizard?" Stacey asked.

"No," Dustin looked at her with fear in his eyes, "we're fighting something much worse than that."

Stacey gasped to herself. Vecna was worse than a dark demonic wizard? She gulped. "So, uh, what are the chances that one of us is next?"

"I don't know," Dustin said while standing up, "but in order to prevent that we need to figure out why he targeted Chrissy and who he plans on targeting next."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Half of the Scooby-Doo gang left Eddie and Stacey that night to gather supplies and figure out a plan for tomorrow. Stacey and Eddie took the tarp off of the boat again and re-made the makeshift bed. A chill ran down her spine as she thought of Vecna.

"Hey, Eddie?" she asked in a quiet voice.

"Yeah?"

"C-Can you sleep kind of close to me tonight?" she asked a tad frightened. The truth about Hawkins terrified her and she didn't want to sleep alone. That and the nightmares she'd been having made it harder to sleep. Last night was the first night she'd actually been able to get some amount of sleep.

The boy's face showed surprise because last night they had accidentally cuddled and that morning she shoved herself off of him. He nodded and laid down on the bed. Stacey followed suit and laid down beside him. She was still wearing his jacket and it made Eddie smile to himself. She nuzzled into his side as he wrapped an arm around her.