03

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Chapter Three: Drug Deals and Dragons

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The hallways of Hawkins High were swarming with students as they moved from class to class. Stacey Atwood leaned against the wall outside the guidance counselor's office waiting for her cousin to exit. She sighed as she glanced at the clock, she had an appointment right after and wanted it to be over and done with.

At eleven-fifteen, Chrissy stepped through the door and looked at her cousin. She had red eyes as if she'd been crying. Chrissy ignored her cousin's look of concern and continued to walk past her to her next class. Stacey sighed and walked into the office.

Miss. Kelley smiled at her as she closed the door. "Stacey, how have you been?"

"Good," Stacey said as she sat down and crossed her legs. "I'm fine."

"Have you had any run-ins with alcohol recently?" she asked leaning forward. Her black hair was frizzier than usual. Stacey cleared her throat. "Any nightmares?"

"Nope," she lied popping the 'p.'

"Really? Because that's not what your mother said this morning when she called."

Stacey sat up quickly, "What did my mother say?"

The counselor toyed with her necklace before opening her drawer and pulling out a sticky note. "She said she went to check on you last night and you reeked of liquor, Stacey. Did you go out last night?"

Stacey bit the inside of her cheek to prevent herself from shouting at the woman.

"Stacey, you know that you have to stay away from alcohol. The number of juvenile arrests that have been made will catch up to you and the charges won't be dropped anymore now that Hopper isn't here."

"It was only a few times," Stacey snapped. The counselor shook her head and pulled out a file containing Stacey's name. She had been seeing a few counselors since she was fourteen since she took her first drink.

"Try twenty-four," she said flipping through the file.

"Age fifteen, young female blonde was caught breaking and entering into the local Go-Mart stealing a bottle of Vodka," she said, her black eyes meeting Stacey's brown ones. "Age sixteen, Stacey Atwood charged for the arrest of aggravated assault in Leppard Print Club-"

"That guy grabbed my ass," Stacey defended as Miss. Kelley continued.

"Age sixteen, Stacey Atwood charged with underage drinking. Age sixteen, Stacey Atwood charged with underage drinking and vandalism of public property," she paused glancing up at Stacey whose face was emotionless. "Age seventeen, Stacey Atwood charged with attempted theft. Do I need to go on?"

Stacey shook her head. The only thing Miss. Kelley didn't mention was the number of times Stacey would use her body to get what she wanted because that was between Stacey and herself. She wasn't proud of it.

"Are you still acting out because of your father? Because he left when you turned fourteen? Stacey, drinking away the problems won't bring him back. Getting high won't make the pain go away. It's only going to drive your family away."

"Fuck you," she spat. Miss. Kelley clamped her mouth shut.

"Please mind your language."

"You are prying into my goddamn life. I'll speak however I please." A tear fell down Stacey's cheek as she met the woman's eyes. "This meeting is over," she hissed before standing up and grabbing her bag.