18

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Chapter Eighteen: Eddie My Love

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Eddie Munson screamed as Stacey Atwood grabbed his spear and cut the rope that connected them to the real world. "What the fuck!"

"I'm not leaving you to do this on your own!" Stacey shouted back knowing his plan.

"Fine!" Eddie shouted as he grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the front door. Eddie placed the shield on his back and grabbed the bike off the ground. Stacey picked up the second bike and the pair began pedaling as fast as they could to escape the bats.

"So now you want to be the fucking hero!" Stacey shouted from beside him. The bats continued to follow them.

"I'm tired of running!" Eddie replied, his voice growing hoarse. His feet continued to pedal, the pair quickly racked in a half-mile away from the trailer.

Stacey's breathing became labored as she continued to push herself. A scream in the distance told her that Dustin made it back through the gate somehow.

The red lightning streaked across the sky and the bats began swooping down. Stacey screamed as one nicked her arm. Blood poured from the wound. Another one swooped down at Eddie and caused his bike to flip over. Stacey slammed on her brakes and ran over to him, another bat scratched her cheek. Eddie wrapped one arm around her and the other held up the shield as the bats flew past them. He yelled as a few of them bounced off the shield and dead on the ground. Stacey grabbed the hairbrush from her chest and hit the nearest demobat.

"I told you this would come in handy."

She leaned her back against Eddie's as she hit bats with a hairbrush with one hand and stabbed at them with her other. Eddie used the shield to fight off as many as he could. The couple grew tired as they continued to fight off the swarm. A cry left Stacey's mouth when a bat's tail wrapped around her leg causing her to fall to the ground. The bat dragged her away from Eddie as another one bit her shoulder.

"Eddie!"

Eddie turned around and ran for her but a different bat caught him. Its tail wrapped around his neck slowly cutting off his air supply. He managed to reach around it and rip out its throat but another bat swooped down and grabbed his hand.

"Stacey!"

Stacey felt her wrists and ankles being pulled apart as another bat landed on her and gnawed at her stomach. She screamed as the pain ripped through her. Her scream grew louder when the same bat bit into the area of her neck where her shoulder meets her neck. Blood spewed out faster than she would've liked.

Eddie was soon beside her. The bats dragged them together to have one final feast. Then, everything went quiet. The bats fell to the ground. Eddie choked out a weak laugh.

"We did it, baby."

Stacey turned her head to look at him. Her vision blurred slightly but she still recognized the grin on his face. Eddie pulled himself over to her as he placed his hand over the wound on her neck. Stacey's teeth were glazed red as she smiled at him. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

She blinked a few times before she whispered looking into his eyes. "I love those eyes."

Stacey shakily raised her hand up to Eddie's cheek and rubbed under his eye accidentally smearing blood on his face.

"I told you I wasn't going to leave you, Munson," Stacey said through a small choke. "You're stuck with me."

Eddie let out a small cry as he held onto her throat. He ignored his own injuries on his stomach as he held her. "Stacey, baby, please don't leave me. You can't leave me, baby."