He reached out again, poking a few more spots, and Ling Xiao felt a burst of sleepiness.

Ling Xiao tried to keep his eyes open, but he could only vaguely make out Lan Wei's figure. He frowned, wondering why he was suddenly sleepy, when he heard Lan Wei's voice by his ear.

"I poked your sleep point, so sleep. When you wake up tomorrow, everything will be over. Don't blame me for this. This Young Master is going to leave now and just hopes that, when I return to the palace you will not have been reduced to a pile of bones."

Sleep point...

Ling Xiao shook his head, trying to forcefully clear it, but it was ineffective. Seeing that, Lan Wei sighed and turned away, "Don't struggle, just sleep... Live well. Wait for me to come back, I still have something to ask you... why did you..."

Ling Xiao did not hear the words after that clearly, as he could no longer fight against the sleepiness and fell asleep.

The next day, when he woke up, his room was already clear of any hint of Lan Wei's figure. Ling Xiao got up in surprise and ran out, frightening the maids and eunuchs outside who were on watch.

Ling Xiao frowned and looked all around, pulling a maid in passing and asking "Let me ask you, yesterday night when the Emperor and Fu Yujun were together, did Mo Qi..."

Speaking to this point, Ling Xiao paused and knitted his brows. If he asked like this, it would be obvious that he paid a lot of attention to Mo Qi. With so many people present, if something was passed into the Emperor's ears, then it would be terrible.

Ling Xiao closed his lips tightly and released the little maid.

He really was too rushed... Ling Xiao closed his eyes, forcing himself to clear his mind.

As soon as she was released, the maid immediately fell to the ground, kneeling and shivering with fear.

"What is going on?" a voice suddenly came from the entrance, and Ling Xiao glanced over.

Dressed in eunuch clothing, a horsetail whisk in his hand, and a delicate face full of craftiness, it was Xiao Lizi, who had already been by the Emperor's side for many days. Seeing that it was him, Ling Xiao raised an eyebrow.

Xiao Lizi also saw Ling Xiao and promptly bent his waist, walking before Ling Xiao and saluting.

"Steward Ling."

Ling Xiao casually glanced at him, then turned back and returned to his room. Xiao Lizi followed him, acting like his lackey.

Ling Xiao entered his room and sat by the bedside. Meanwhile, Xiao Lizi bent his waist and waited in front of him. Seeing Ling Xiao's bare feet, he knelt down to help him put on his shoes. Ling Xiao simply leaned against the bed and let him do as he pleased.

After he helped Ling Xiao put on his shoes, Xiao Lizi slightly raised his eyes and glanced at Ling Xiao's face, probingly asking, "Steward Ling, is it that the servants aren't good?"

Ling Xiao's eyes flashed, glancing at everyone kneeling outside and slightly shook his head. Just when he was about to speak, he saw the enquiring look on Xiao Lizi's face and he turned cold, "What? Do you still have complaints on how I lecture my servants?"

Having heard what was said, Xiao Lizi started and hurried lowered his head, "This servant doesn't dare."

"You don't dare?" Ling Xiao sneered, "Isn't exactly what you're doing now?"

Xiao Lizi begged for forgiveness, trembling with fear when he head that, not even daring to lift his head.

Xiao Lizi's begging consisted of just the phrase "I know my crime, please forgive me", making Ling Xiao repeatedly shake his head at it.