"I know, it has. How are you?" I put on a fake friendly face. I'm starting to get good at it. Nick wouldn't look at me. "I'm good. Busy" she said, waving around as if she was cleaning the whole house right now. Yeah, I'm sure she's really busy. Busy fucking Nick. "I bet," I said, looking right past her at Nico instead. His eyes snapped over to mine but I was already turning around.

"Good seeing you. Have fun," I called out, waving bye from over my head while descending the stairs. "Fun?" I heard her question. I paused. "Cleaning and what not," I explained my bullshit answer and disappeared before she could even respond. Nick knew what I meant.

-

        I ended up calling Dom and asking him to pick me up before they all sat down for dinner. I wanted to join them. I texted Nick that he didn't need to scavenger hunt me, that I was with Dom and fine. That's all I said. *Nick: Do you want me to pick you up later?* he texted back, but I put my phone away. I missed this house and the people in it right now. 

I gave Zio Tony a big hug and Zia Carlotta one too. They had their emotional moment with me where they expressed how afraid and worried they'd been to hear what I went through. I told them I was actively trying not to think about it, and they finally let it go after five more hugs and kisses. We sat down for a meal and I missed my aunt's cooking so much.

        "Zia, ugh, it's been way too long without having your food," I shoved my mouth full of it. She was grinning ear to ear. "You see who appreciates my cooking," she scolded my Zio Tony. He rolled his eyes and held his hands up asking, "When did I ever complain about your food?" Dom started laughing and shook his head. 

"But you don't say thank you," she still pressed him. He finally caved and kissed his wife on the cheek.

"I'm the luckiest man on the planet. I know that," Zio Tony flattered his wife. "Awww" I clapped my hands together. "Ew alright alright," Dom broke it all up. "Hey, appreciate seeing real love because it doesn't exist anymore," I pointed a fork at Dom. 

"What's the matter? Did something happen with you and Mikhail?" my uncle asked. I wanted to snort but I didn't. "No, everything is fine with Mikhail. He's coming back in a few weeks," I reminded him, and myself. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do when he does come. I don't want to marry him. I realized that for sure when Nick asked me about it.

        My feelings for Nick turned from purely physical attraction to now my feelings being confused, and I knew I needed to stop it. Nico is the kind of guy who fucks his maid. He's the kind of guy who fucks Russian prostitutes. And me, he fucks me. I can't even imagine who else.

 Dominic's eyes went to mine after I had said that. He looked at me like he knew I was thinking about someone else. I looked back at my plate to avoid his inquiring eyes. "Zio, I think maybe I'll sleep over tonight since I'm here," I half asked/half told him. "Will it be safe?" Zia looked up at her husband. He pushed back the chair slightly so he could give his belly some room.

"I mean she's already here. No trouble yet. One night, stay with the family," he broke into his smile and I smiled back in relief. I missed home and I didn't realize how much until I walked back in here today. 

        Our home is more modest than the lavish mansion with beautiful archways and painted ceilings. We have a beautiful home, but it was low key in comparison to what the Luciano's have. It felt cozier. I was genuinely happy to be at this table tonight. I missed this too. Us bantering back and forth at the table in much louder voices than we needed to, because we all talk over each other. 

We'd been at the table a lot longer today because we had so much to catch up on. We didn't mention any of the business stuff. It was strictly family time.