CHAPTER EIGHT, the one with the bonfire night

Beginne am Anfang

She almost forgot she has enhanced hearing until she heard her dad yell at Stiles. "You're not supposed to take care of me! Neither of you kids are supposed to take care of me! I take care of you and Nova."

She jumps a bit when she heard her phone ring since she wasn't expecting to get a call. She gets her phone out of her pocket, seeing that Liam was calling her. She furrowed her eyebrows. It was somewhat late out so she wondered why he was calling her.

"Hey, Li, what's up?" Nova questioned.

"You need to come over right now." Liam replied in a urgent tone.

That made her more confused and also on high alert. She got off the wall she was leaning on as she speaks. "What's wrong?"

"My printer just started printing out of nowhere." Liam explains. "It's the Deadpool, but it's kinda different."

"Okay," Nova starts heading to the entrance of the hospital. "I'm on my way."

After hanging up with Liam, she texts Stiles to let him know what she was doing. A few minutes later, she arrived at Liam's house, thankful that super speed is one of the abilities you get with being a werewolf since that got her there faster. The window was already open for her so she climbs through, furrowing her eyebrows at seeing papers scattered on his bedroom floor.

"Is that what I think it is?" She asked him, just then noticing he was knelt on the floor, looking at one of the papers.

Liam nods, standing up and walks over to her. He shows her the paper he held. Her eyes grew wide as she read it. He was right. It was the Deadpool, but this time Derek is not on the list and the number beside Liam's name is higher than it was before.

"I'm not worth three million anymore. Now I'm worth eighteen million." Liam speaks, fear lacing his voice. Nova notices beside her name that the number had changed as well which made fear grow within her. They lock eyes as Liam continues to speak. "And so are you."

****

The next day Nova walks into school, a bit upset about the fact that she had to take the bus to school. Stiles was working on trying to come up with the next decipher key along with Lydia which meant that Nova didn't have a ride to school. And Nova hated riding the bus, but she would rather take the bus than walk to school.

A yawn escapes her lips while walking down the hallway. She had stayed over at Liam's a bit late playing video games since he asked her if she could stay later. And when he used his puppy dog eyes on her she couldn't say no. He almost acted like he was afraid to fall asleep. Like how she was the other night after she had that nightmare. That made her wonder if Liam was having nightmares.

Her eyes grew wide when she bumps into someone. "Sorry about that!" She apologized, realizing that she bumped into Liam.

"Oh, hey, Liam." She was about to smile, but frowns at seeing how Liam looked all around him, looking as if he was seeing if someone was following him. "Li." She tries getting his attention, but his frantic eyes still looked at anything that wasn't her. "Liam." She speaks louder, finally getting his attention. "What's wrong? And don't say nothing 'cause it's obvious something is wrong."

Liam sighs, his shoulders dropping in defeat. "I haven't been able to sleep lately because of the nightmares I've been getting. They're mostly about the Berserkers. The night Scott was dead on the roof of the hospital there was one there and I tried fighting it off, but..." He shakes his head as he stammers. "I-I couldn't."

Nova frowns. "Why didn't you come to me when you had nightmare? I would've try to help you calm down enough so you can get some sleep."

Liam shrugs. "I didn't want to be a burden.