One shot✔️

"I always look up at the moon and see it as the single most romantic place within the cosmos."-Tom Hanks

I read it over and over again. How I love reading quotes about moons. I looked up the sky and stare at the moon. It's so beautiful, nothing can defeat the beauty of moon.

"Hey love, come here. You should go inside." Suddenly my mom spokes inside of our house.

"Okay mom," I said and went to her.

I hugged her and she laughed at that.

"Asus ang baby ko nagpapalambing."

"I love you mommy,"Sabi ko. She didn't say anything but ngumiti siya saakin at hinalikan ang nuo ko.

Nang makarating kami sa loob ng bahay ay dumiretso kami sa kusina.

"Mom do you think where's daddy?" I asked her. Natigilan siya at tumingin saakin.

"He's abroad anak, nagtatrabaho para saatin."

"I missed daddy so much. He didn't even communicate to us," Nagtatampo kong sabi. Lumapit siya saakin at hinaplos ang buhok ko gamit ang kanyang kamay.

"Intindihin mo nalang si daddy mo ah. Busy din kasi yun. By the way, you should sleep. Anong oras na" She said so I smiled at her.

"Ok mom, good night."

"Good night sweetheart," She said and kissed my cheeks.

_

A sunday night. I was sitting on the chair outside of our house watching the moon. It's a full moon and a peaceful night. Napabuntong hininga ako at pumasok na sa loob.

I was about to go to my mom's room. When I heard a scream in the kitchen. Dali dali akong pumunta duon at nagulat sa nakita.

I saw my mom's terrified face. She looked at me with her tears slowly come in her eyes. Napatingin ako sa harap nya. Isang tao na hindi ko inaakala na makikita ko.

Napatingin siya kung sino ang tinitingnan ni mommy. Shocked is all written on his face. But slowly he smiled at me.

"Oh you're here," He said that makes me want to run to him.

"D-daddy?"

"Anak, hi! How are you?"

"I-"

"No!" I was cut off by my mom's shout. I looked at her-confused.

"Love, run. Please run!" She's begging at me desperately.

This is the first time I saw her like that. Halo-halong emosyon ang nakikita ko sa mukha niya.

"Why mom? Daddy is finally here."

"No baby, please."

Napatingin ako kay daddy na nakakunot ang nuo.

"Daddy what's happening?"

"Oh nothing anak. Papatahimikin ko lang yung mommy mo ah."

"W-what?" I looked at my mom who is crying.

Tiningnan ko ulit si daddy at nagulat sa nakita. He's holding a knife.

"Hindi mo lang ba kakamustahin ang asawa mo na kinulong mo sa basement, hmm?" He asked mommy.

Nagulat ako sa narining ko.

"Mom you did what!?"

"How can I not locked you up in the basement when you want to kill our child?! You already killed our eldest son, I don't want to let it happen
again. You're a psycho eric!" She screamed to dad.

"Aaah you're really so noisy."

He comes closer to her and didn't think twice to stab her. I was so shocked. The blood slowly spread on my mom's shirt. S-sinaksak niya ang mommy ko sa puso. My tears starts to fall. I couldn't move.

"M-mommy!"  I screamed. How can dad killed my mom-his own wife?

"R-run," Mom said before she closed her eyes. My father's laugh is all over the kitchen.

I couldn't move. I don't know what to do. Nasaksihan ko kung paano sinaksak ang aking ina sa harap ko. Damn my own father killed my mother.

I run as fast as I could. I looked back and I saw him chasing me.

Umiiyak ako habang tumatakbo. My mom. She is my everything but in just a snap nawala siya saakin. This is all my fault if I didn't open the basement at hindi nagpatukso para buksan at iwang bukas iyon ay sana hindi ito nangyari.

The moon is shining brightly na parang walang mga sakuna ang nangyayari. Its like it is watching me running and see what would happen to me. It's very peaceful that no one knows that someone died or are in danger.

I stopped running when I saw the cliff. I looked at my dad that has evil smile plastered on his face.

"D-dad why are you doing this?"

"Oh dear you don't need to know. It's for your own good."

"W-what? What are you talking about?!" I asked desperately.

"And oh I'm not your dad," He said and laugh like a pyscho.

"W-what?"

"I'm not your dad. I killed your father when he was at the basement. Baliw siya! Sinisisi niya ang sarili niya dahil nakinig siya saakin."

"Y-you are not my dad? How come? Magkaparehas kayo ng mukha?" I asked-confused. My tears won't stop fallin' into my eyes.

"You don't need to know that."

"I-I need to know! You killed my family!...You killed my daddy! Y-you killed my mom! How dare you!" I screamed while crying. I'm hurt, my family. My family is gone.

"Oh dear, kasalanan mo kung bakit namatay ang iyong ina! And don't worry you will end up like her. At least you four will be a happy family already. You don't want that? Magiging happy family na kayo sa langit ngalang," He said at tumawa nang malakas.

Tumigil siya nang tawa. Tumingin siya saakin at numiti. Unti unti siyang lumapit saakin. Napaatras ako at napatingin sa ibaba. Nang napatingin ulit ako sakanya ay nakita ko siya na tumatakbo na saakin and like he did to my mom, he didn't think twice to stab me with the same knife he stabbed to my mom. Tumawa siya at tinulak ako sa bangin.

Unti unti akong bumulusok at nahulog sa tubig. I felt the impact when my body fell into the water.

I looked up and I saw the moon. The moon is the only wittiness of what happened in this night. The moon is still shining so bright in the open sky in the fresh night. It's so pretty. I smiled and remember the beauty of moon before I closed my eyes.

I'm sorry mom.