Chapter 64

AN: Sorry for the late posting of the chapter. I'm just feeling restless and not okay lately because of some personal stuff so I haven't much time to write.

I would probably post the other chapters later or tomorrow.

Chapter 64: Head Keeper

In the Shadow Realm, there are two types of residents. The permanent one and the temporary one. The latter type is not known by the residents of the shadow realm.

For the many people, once you have arrived in the shadow realm, you would never be able to get out. Many people are desperate to get out of the Shadow Realm. A place that was described as eternal suffering. Once you were there, even if you were dead, you would never able to be even get to the afterlife.

What would happen if the people in the shadow realm learned that someone has a method to go back to the surface world? One thing is sure. It is bad.

The current Kage Kaiba is the current proof of that.

Within the distance was a gothic castle looming over the city. After leaving the wrath city and a day has passed, Tokio and the others are currently heading towards the most important place of the shadow realm. The city where the head keeper of the shadow realm lived.

After leaving the Wrath City and somewhat helping Kage Kaiba on escaping his demise, Tokio learned something important.

The Reason why Kaiba was even defeating the Keepers of each sin city of the Shadow Realm in the first place.

Tokio regretted his decision of helping Kage Kaiba a little bit. He didn't expect that by saving him he would put a huge target on his back and learn something nefarious.

Staring at the looming gothic castle in the distance, Tokio frowned.

Since he saved Kage Kaiba, he was now involved with him and have no choice but to help Kaiba.

The looming gothic castle in the capital city of the shadow realm is called Zorc's castle. Hearing the name, Tokio was given a flashback of the time that he got involved with Yugi and the others during season 0. It was that time when he was trapped playing as a bard in an RPG board game.

In the Shadow Realm's Zorc castle, it was said that the Head Keeper was staying. The Head Keeper was also the only person staying in the capital of the shadow realm.

Compared to the other cities, the capital was giving Tokio more bad vibes than the other places here in the shadow realm. The duel spirits told him that the shadows are stronger in this place. Tokio doesn't know what it means but he was certain that they needed to be careful. Tokio doesn't know either if the bad vibes are from the Zorc Castle or the said Head Keeper whose identity was currently unknown to Tokio.

The only thing that was currently about the Head Keeper was that he was the one who ordered the sin keepers to capture Kage Kaiba because the head keeper learned something important.

If Tokio has to guess, The Head Keeper must want to get out of this place or if he was wrong, it was something else. The Head Keeper might also want to capture Kage Kaiba for other reasons.

Approaching the gates of the capital of the Shadow Realm, Crowley the Magistus informed him.

" Master we're here. "

Tokio inclined his head slightly.

Tokio, the duel spirits, the 2 rare card hunters, and Kage Kaiba and the two eliminators got down on the underworld bus before entering the gates.

Once they entered the gates, the 2 rare card hunters and the 2 game eliminators collapse. Kage Kaiba frowned once he saw their weak states and the Underworld Tour Guide smiled wryly.

" Ah, it seems that they can't bear the pain, exhaustion, and pressure of this place master. How about I just put them in the underworld tour bus? "

She asked and Tokio shrugged his shoulders letting her do what she said. Staying outside of this city was safe and the best for the 4 of those people. If they accompanied them, Tokio was more afraid that they would end up as a casualty. And Tokio doesn't want that.

Tokio has entered the Shadow Realm because of the 2 rare card hunters. If they ended up dead then his effort would end up turning into nothing but just a waste.

On the other hand, Tokio then glances at Kage Kaiba a few minutes after the Underworld Tour Guide put the 4 of those people on the bus. It was good that Kage Kaiba didn't say anything about the 4 people. But maybe it has to do with Kage Kaiba was currently struggling with the pressure of the darkness here in the capital. The power of the shadows of this place was much stronger than the others.

It was terrifying.

As for how Tokio was resisting it, it was thanks to the protection of his 4 duel spirits. Compared to those 4 other people, Tokio's resistance was shit. But it was thanks to them that Tokio can resist the power of the darkness.

Eventually, while walking in the city, Tokio and the others walk to the Zorc castle. The pressure was now much stronger. Tokio can also feel himself panicking inside his mind as his bad feeling got much stronger.

But despite the feeling, Tokio keep moving forward and followed Kage Kaiba. He decided to paint a target on his back once he helped Kage Kaiba. But he knows that sooner or later, this Head Keeper would also probably find out about Tokio.

Entering the castle's main hall, Tokio was finally caught a glimpse of the rumored Head Keeper in its entire presence.

This is the one who governs the Shadow Realm and the Sin City Keepers.

" It seems that you have brought unknown people with you Remnant. I can sense that 4 of my keepers are still undefeated, do you not want to keep the deal? "

Tokio stared at the Head Keeper in shock and the object in the Head Keeper's hands. The more that he look at the Head Keeper, the more that Tokio was certain that the Head Keeper was Ishizu and Marik Ishtar's father, Mr.Ishtar. In his hand, he was holding a book that has an eye symbol just like the other infamous millennium items of this series.