Chapter 8: Strictly Business

Start from the beginning

Yoimiya: "Well then! I won't feel bad about waking them up! We're coming in Y/N!"

Ayaka: "Y–Yoimiya!! Wait, but what if—"

Too late! I had already pulled open the door and stepped inside. It's not like Y/N ever falls asleep in a compromising position or anything like that! Just another example of how they've been quite the kind and considerate resident here with us!

However... when I opened the door, I couldn't help but realise that the room was... it was completely empty?! Y/N definitely went in here just a little moment ago, and I didn't see them leave at any point... where did they go?! ... Oh!

Yoimiya: "Very funny, Y/N. You can come out from under the bed now!"

Yoimiya: "Y/N...?"

Ayaka: "Yoimiya... have a look at this."

Ayaka then handed me a small sheet of paper. It looked like she had found it on the pillow of the bed. But once I had it in my hands, and after I had read through the short message written on it... I realised why Miss Kamisato's tone sounded so worried.

Y/N's Note: Hey Yoimiya, sorry I didn't come say this in person. But I suppose I was just worried that you'd try talk me out of it. I'm going to take a more... aggressive stance, when it comes to protecting the Vision Wielders that are being hunted. I figure that———.

Yoimiya: "Y/N? You... You big dummy!"

Ayaka: "We should make our way for the streets of Inazuma City too. To find them before something happens."

Yoimiya: "Good point! But what should we do if it's too late?"

Ayaka: "... d–Don't worry about that. If needed, I will exercise my influence to keep them out of too much trouble... but that would ruin our plans for them..."

Yoimiya: "Well, the quicker we head out there, then the quicker we'll find them! I'm going to head out now and go ask the children if they saw anything!"

Ayaka: "It is probably for the best that we don't search together, to cover more ground and to avoid arousing suspicion of any collusion between Naganohara Fireworks and the Kamisato Clan. I'll be sure to inform Sayu too, it was her duty to keep a watch on them after all."

And with that, I gave Miss Kamisato a quick nod, to say I agreed with her, and then I bolted out of the shop with a little bit of anger in my steps

And with that, I gave Miss Kamisato a quick nod, to say I agreed with her, and then I bolted out of the shop with a little bit of anger in my steps. Running out onto the streets with my eyes peeled for my friend who had gone walkies without warning us... Y/N... where are you?!

... and what was that last bit of the note that you scribbled out?