Hermione and Ron made eye contact, both seeming to ask each other the same question 'Does he remember?'

"It... Says it's from my uncle." Harry said, he was pretty sure that Ron and Hermione had read the letter too, after all he had held it in such a way that they could if they wanted to. "But how did he know Hedwig is my owl?"

"Your parents were social people, my parents knew them too, maybe he knows Hagrid. You said he bought Hedwig for you, right?" Ron suggested. Honestly he couldn't remember when Harry told him that, but he didn't think it could matter too much.

"I guess that makes sense. Would you two be okay being with me when we meet?" Harry asked. He wanted to meet this mysterious uncle of his, he would be willing to meet anyone who had the ability to take him away from the Dursleys, how often had he dreamed of that? But he was someone famous in this new world, surely it would be a bad idea to meet a stranger alone.

"Of course we'd be happy to." Hermione said, smiling brightly, it would give her and Ron a chance to check if Remus remembered, and they liked him anyway.

Ron didn't respond immediately, distracted by looking up at the teacher's table. Dumbledore's expression was odd as he stared at the letter in Harry's hands, like he wanted to rip it from Harry's grasp from the moment he got it. Honestly, while it was a look that was mostly in his eyes it was unsettling to Ron, he didn't trust Dumbledore, not after his pathetic response to Harry's death, but still.

"Ron." Hermione said, elbowing him lightly to get him to pay attention.

"Oh, yeah, sorry mate, of course I'll be there if you want me." Ron said, his grin a little lopsided, looking back at Dumbledore showed that the man was no longer looking at the trio.

"Thanks, does Saturday work for you two?" Harry asked. Sure, he could ask to meet during lunch or the evening, but he wanted to be able to have a proper conversation, like why this man's letters hadn't reached him before, when he started writing to Harry, and why he had never come looking for him in person.

"I think we should ask Professor McGonagall before anything, but it's not like we have Saturday lessons." Hermione said, Hedwig being the last owl to fly away as lessons were about to start.

"If we don't want to be late we should get going." Ron said, looking around at everyone else who were also grabbing their things and filing out the Great Hall.

-----

They had Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall second, just before a break, which would be extremely convenient for Harry to ask about meeting Remus, and convenient for Ron and Hermione to ask her if she remembered last time.

Of course for their first lesson Harry and Ron had been late to class as they had gotten lost after the stairs moved while they were at the back, but this time Harry was going with two people who knew Hogwarts like the back of their hands, they weren't going to get lost, and were, in fact, the first people to arrive at the classroom.

"Mr Potter, Mr Weasley, Miss Granger, come in, get yourself prepared as you wait for the rest of the class." McGonagall said, they might be imagining things, but they were sure that she was much softer to them than she had been last time, and that her eyes were kind and almost sad as they lingered on Harry.

They just got more sure that she was being softer to them than normal when they heard how she was talking to the next lot of people who came. She still seemed softer than last time, but was definitely more so with them.

While she was teaching she walked around the classroom, and when she was in front of Harry she subtly put a wrapped chocolate biscuit on his desk, sliding it towards him slightly. That definitely caught their attention.