Boyfriend pt 1 (S.R)

(Steve and you are best friends and he confronts you about how he could be a better boyfriend then your current boyfriend)

•••••

"I still don't understand why you keep going out with that guy," Steve says as you walk out, putting on some earrings. You were staying with him for a couple weeks while your parents were out of town so this was an everyday conversation.

"Maybe because he's my boyfriend?" you say with a small laugh.

Steve sighs, "But he's not even all that. Plus his friends are annoying, he talks too much, and he puts too much gel in his hair,"

I give him a look. "I know someone that puts lots of gel in their hair," I say, referring to him.

He rolls his eyes, "I don't have any on now," he says in protest. I smile and ruffle his soft hair.

"I know, and personally I think you look better without the gel. Your hair is super fluffy," I tell him. It was true, he did look much better without the gel in his hair. Right now if Soda or anybody else from the gang came over I bet they wouldn't even recognize him. He looked much different at home. He never put gel in his hair, and he always had some sort of sweater on with jeans. Much different to what he wore when he was with his friends. Normally he had his hair slicked back, his DX shirt and jeans.

"You do?" he asked looking at me.

"I do,"

I saw Steve smile softly and look down. "Well maybe I'll just keep it this way," he says.

"For me?"

"Anything for you," he says sarcastically, making me laugh. I sat down on the couch and fixed my hair. "But honestly, what do you see in him?"

"Chris?"

"Yeah, Chris,"

I played with my hands, not looking at him. Why does he care? He didn't care before. To catch yoj up; A couple months ago I had this huge crush on Steve but he was always taking this girl out so I figured it would be best for me to try and move on. And I did, sort of. I'm now in a relationship with a boy named Chris and I'm somewhat happy. I feel guilty because a little part of me always thought Steve liked me too. And I feel even more guilty because I don't think I can ever love Chris the way I did Steve.

"Well to start he's a nice guy," I say quietly.

Steve scoffed, "Thats the biggest lie ever," I opened my mouth to protest but there was a knock at the door. "Well there's your boy," Steve says with a sigh.

I quickly go and open the door. There I see Chris dressed in a pair of pants and a button up. "You look absolutely amazing," Chris says kissing me on the cheek, making sure to look and get Steve's attention. I turn and see Steve flip him off and run his hands through his hair.

Chris looked at me again and then rolled his eyes. Was he mad?

"Have fun with him," Steve says glaring at Chris.

"Whatever, lets get out of here Y/n," Chris sags grabbing my arm. I sigh with a smile and wave at Steve before walking with Chris.

•••

When Chris and I got to a small restaurant we sat down across from each other and he shook his head with a smile. "What?" I questioned.

"I don't get why you're friends with that guy," Chris says annoyed.

"Steve?"

"Obviously! Who the fuck else?" I ran my hand up and down my arm. Why was he so mad all of the sudden.

"Is something bothering you?" I ask.

"Yeah something is,"

"What is? You can tell me," I tell him.

"Are you fucking cheating on me?" he ask's randomly.

My eyes widened. "Chris I would never cheat on you,"

He scoffs, "I see how you are with Steve," he says.

"I grew up with Steve! He's just a friend!" I protest, causing people to look at us. I sigh, Steve was just a friend to me, right?

"I don't give a shit what he is! You're cheating on me!" Chris exclaims.

I laugh, "So talking to my friend is cheating now?" I ask.

"You've staying at his fucking house!" he says furrowing his eyebrows.

"Because my parents are out of town right now," I reply.

Chris shakes his head, "Whatever,"

I roll my tongue in my cheek. "How come you always accused me of cheating?" I question. Chris shrugs and ignores me. "And you're not cheating?" I ask.

"What the hell gives you that idea?" he says lowly.

"Im not sure, maybe the fact you still hang out and talk with your ex everyday," I tell him.

"Because we're friends,"

"Steve and I are friends," I say as my heart starts to protest.

"You're staying at his house every night though. I mean who knows what the hell you do alone,"

"Are you serious? I asked if I could stay with your but you told me you were too busy. Which is also what you tell me 90% of the time when I ask you if you wanna hang out!" I say.

"Because Rose asked to hang out before you did," Chris complains.

"Rose? Your ex? Are you serious Chris?" I say. He shrugs and I bite my lip. "You chose your ex over your girlfriend, that's really pathetic,"

"Ex-girlfriend,"

"W-what?"

"I wanna break up,"

I sigh and stand up as I feel myself become disappointed in him. He was always starting and fights like this and then blamed me for them. He used the fights against me and would ignore me after. But this? This has never happened. "You know what? Fine," I say looking at him, my eye watering up.

"Just go," he says not even bothering to look at me. I roll my eyes and wipe my cheek as I walk away. "And for the record Y/n," I turn and see Chris standing up now, looking at me. "I was fucking Rose the entire tome we were together."

I swallow hard as people from other tables gasp and look away from the scene. I look at Chris who had a smile ok his face. I simply smiled at him and then flipped him off before walking out of the restaurant and making my way back to Steves place.

As I was walking I knew one thing. I was right. I could never love Chris the way I loved Steve.