I pull my shirt over my head and take off my pants, turning off the corridor light and closing the door behind me before getting into bed.

Mon. 25th August 1985 | 9:16am
Will Byers

I wake up to the sun shining through the blinds, roasting my eyes. I blink a couple times to adjust before sitting up and scanning my surroundings. I notice a black-haired individual laying down in the bed across the room, who subconsciously draws my body towards him. I get up and slowly approach the other bed, peering over to see who my dorm mate is. My lips part when I recognise him.

There's absolutely no way.

Michael Wheeler. Son of Theodore Wheeler, the mayor of Hawkins. He's famous all over Indiana and perhaps even all of North America! How could he be my dorm mate? I may be privileged, but I am far from entitled like he is.

"What?" I hear a voice that shakes me from my thoughts, and it takes me a moment to realise that Michael is staring at me awkwardly, leaning upwards slightly against his elbows.

My eyes widen and I back away quickly, not knowing where to look.

"U-um nothing I-I just wanted to—"

"Wanted to what?" He cocks both his eyebrows, presumably waiting for a valid response.

"I just wanted to know who you were." I say, surprised that I managed to formulate a sentence. Despite this, I quickly leave the room and enter the en-suite, planning on brushing my teeth and such.

"Sure." I hear Michael Wheeler respond once I've already left the room, presumably laying back down after based on the way he grunted after talking.

I scrub my teeth aggressively as punishment to my previous irrational behaviour— so aggressively that the toothpaste turns a pink color on my brush. I gag and spit out the toothpaste, washing my mouth. Along with that, I rinse my face, looking up and flinching to Michael Wheeler's unexpected appearance beside me. Can I catch a damn break?

I look at him through the mirror, acknowledging that he's shirtless, only wearing pants (and I expect underwear too???). He's beautiful. Horribly Beautiful. Even more beautiful in person which I didn't think was possible.

I've known I was... queer for a long time, so admiring handsome men doesn't surprise me anymore. The only person that knows about my sexuality is my step-sister, El.

I can tell that he notices my probably discomforting observance of him before I lower my gaze, and I'm glad when he doesn't comment about it.

I dry my face and turn to him, not expecting eye contact to be made. This burning gaze causes my heart to skip a beat, and I quickly look away before my admiration of him is noticeable.

"So um... what's your name?" He asks me, something I don't really expect. "You know... so I don't continue to call you 'creep' forever. Unless that's what you prefer." He continues, reminding me of my silence.

"Oh- um... Will. Will Byers. Y-you?" I stutter, despite knowing exactly who it is.

"You don't know me?" He asks, taking a step closer. I can't tell if the tone he's talking in is meant as a joke or if he's genuinely trying to torment me— because if so it's totally working.