Sometimes I compare myself to Kathryn, I wonder if Zion also compares me to her or if he misses her and wish her and I were alike in some ways.

I yawn once more and rest my head against the window, closing my eyes. Maybe I can still get a small nap. 

The car comes to a stop and I groan. I could not get my nap. I wait for Luke to open my door and then walk out, immediately holding his hand and looking towards Zion's car.  He walks out and the moon shines brightly on him making his already amazing features, look godlike. 

yummy

I hear my wolf chime in and I have to agree, he does look yummy. I must force myself to look away before I make it too obvious. To my surprise, we greeted by my brother Michael who is Jake's head warrior. I look over at Cassie who is sound asleep on her mate's arms and he looks at me with a frown. "Isn't this disrespectful?" I ask over the mindlink and get growls from both Zion and Gabriel

When the king is visiting your pack, you should the first person he sees. As an Alpha it is your duty to make sure that the King has the best treatment and to be the best host. The only way this can be excused is if there has been an emergency with the Luna or the heir or if there has been something that would jeopardize the King's safety. 

"He better have a very good excuse!" Luke says in my ear and I lean my head on his shoulders. 

The delta John comes down the patio stairs and offer us all a smile. I never had issues with anyone else than the Alpha of this pack, so I am surprised when he scowls at me. I give him a dirty look and look over at my brother who is smiling at me from the top of the stairs. I missed him! 

"Welcome, your highness, the alpha is waiting for you inside, please follow me" John says and I look surprised at Luke who just shakes his head. Zion is fuming. He flat out disrespected the King and is simply waiting inside the house for him. I look at Zion who has his eye glazed over, mindlinking with Gabriel probably. 

I guess I brought the manners with me, when I left the pack

I mindlink Luke and the others and we all laugh as we walk inside the pack house. 

The walls are now a creamy color and the furniture is dark, complimenting the house very well. There is a hallway that leads to the kitchen and down the guest rooms. Things haven't changed much. There are some nice decorations on the walls, but other than that, things are still the same. "I hope you are having fun!" I hear Jake's voice before I see him. I squeeze Luke's hand and throw my hair over my shoulder before turning to look at Jake. 
His eyes widen as he meets mine and he lets out a low growl. 

Oh, go ahead, say something, give  me an excuse to rip your eyes out. Go on. 

But, no... like the coward he is, he quickly turned to Zion, whom was still fuming. "You know Jacob, when the king comes to visit a pack, usually the first person they see is the Alpha of said pack, so I do hope you have a great excuse as to why you weren't outside to greet us" Zion was speaking so calmly it sent chills down my spine. If I concentrated enough, I could hear Jake heart beat accelerating. "Do tell, I would love to hear the reason behind it"

As he was about to speak, a blond tiny girl walked up to us holding glasses of juice and water. Lily, it's been years, but I would recognize those blond locks anywhere. Luke stiffens beside me and I have to hold back a squeal. She looks at our hands intertwined and then back to my eyes and they are filled with sadness. I want to let go of Luke's hands but he grabs mine and keep them still, not once looking over at his mate who is shaking beside us as she serves the remaining of the group. "Luke" I try to reach out trough the mind-link but all I'm met with is a wall. He never shut me out before. I pout and look down at the floor. 

I was so focused on Luke and Lily that I barely noticed that Cassie was now awake, holding her baby bump and asking where she would be sleeping because her feet hurt. "She talks like she's been walking this entire time" I say under my breath and she shoots me a glare making me giggle. 

A throat clears and I look over at Jake, for the first time since I arrive, I actually look at him. His hair is short, almost in a buzz cut and he grew facial hair that compliments him really well. He looks healthy too. 

Are you alright?

I ask my wolf, but am met with nothing but silence. 

I see. 

"Angel will guide you all to your rooms. If you have any further requests, please let me know right away". Jake says and soon a brunette walks over to us and we follow suit, dying to be in a bed. She is standing extremely close to Zion for my liking, but I ignore her as I trust he will know what to say when she makes a move. 

She better not! 

Oh hello there. What was up your butt earlier?

Jake's wolf can still reach out to me as long as we are in his territory. 

Do you miss him?

No!

Do you wish we were with him instead?

I love Zion and his wolf, but  I've experienced a true bond, I know what that feels like and Zion, even though being near perfect, can't give me that.

And if you could choose?

She takes over for a minute and looks up at Zion who is walking in front of us, taking in his surroundings so he doesn't get lost with the billion turns of hallways. I let her watch him trough my eyes. Is not always I let her out. She is reckless and weird.