Chapter 22

Assalamualaikum everyone!
Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum!
Eid mubarak to everyone of you'll!
Allahumma Baarik for all the love and consistency you'll have provided me with. It means so much to me!<3

I know, due to my hectic schedule, I couldn't do my best as an author, but, Insha Allah from now on, I'll try my best to reply to each and every message and comment!<3

10th July, 2022

Hope.

One facet of life can either offer you joy or pain, and Yusra had experienced both.

When she was younger, she wished to be academically successful, and her wish did come true, making her and her family happy. She hoped to live a happy life with her parents as she approached the key time of adolescence and to be able to make them proud of her. Of course, she gave them pride, but her joyous life was brief. After her parents passed away, she intended to have a new family, but when she saw the harsh reality, that hope too vanished.

With time she lost all hopes in life, expecting nothing from anyone except from the Almighty but then Saim entered her life. Her marriage with him. Every night she would remind herself of the things that had led to this marriage which resulted in her of having no hopes of any future with him.

But with time she found herself in love with him that resulted in igniting hopes in her but that too died when he had declared the divorce. And when he had again asked for a chance for their marriage, she as a fool brought her hopes up once again before they were destroyed in not less than a minute.

She wasn't sure if she should be happy about the chance or saddened by the thought of the additional load he was placing on himself, this time for his family. She didn't want to be a burden on him, but she was aware of how much he valued his family.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Zara who called out to her, waving her henna filled hands making a small smile to linger on her face. She glanced down at Rania who was asleep in her lap, slowly tucking her hair behind her ear. She called out to Naman who sat at a little distance with the boys asking him to carry her to the bed but the grateful smile vanished when she noticed Saim taking the lead and walking up to her.

Nervously, she lowered her head caressing Rania's head before she was carried by him. Not meeting his gaze, she thanked him before standing up, to glance around the room to find the girls spread all around the room either applying henna or being the henna designer.

They had been out today, for the second registration of Saad and Erum's marriage making them legally married, the reason the entire house had been filled with smiles and laughter. Tomorrow was the henna function but the girls were already gearing up, knowing all too well how hectic the day would turn out to be leaving them no chance to fill their hands.

Making her way towards Zara, she sat down on her knees admiring her henna giving her an approving look.

"I am hungry bhabhi," Zara spoke giving a sheepish smile that only resulted in Yusra to shake her head remembering the time when she had been asking the girl to have her dinner while she denied. "I'll get you food." With that being said, she walked out with a smile on her face.

She still recalled how pleased everyone were when Saim told his family that they would not be divorcing but her in-laws had other plans. They had dragged her into a room and repeatedly questioned her about whether she had been coerced into giving them a chance. Despite her repeated affirmations that she had made the decision voluntarily, her mother-in-law still acted incredulously and asked her to let her know if she ever thought differently. Her heart swelled with joy at the outpouring of love she had received.