Scolded

STUPID.
STUPID.
STUPID.

There wasn't a word in your vocabulary strong enough to describe what a terrible idea sleeping with Ren was. What were you thinking? You knew better, knew it would be a mistake, but you did it anyways. This could be detrimental to your career! If anyone found out...oh Gods if anyone found out!

No, wait.

Maybe it was a good thing. You did it once, that could be all you needed. You got him in your system so you could get him out of your system. For good.

Flashes of last night began to dance behind your lids as you attempted to roll out of bed.

His strong body wrapped around your frame...

Idiot.

His honey eyes fixated on you as if you were the most precious thing in all the worlds...

Dumbass!

How gently he kissed you before he left....

Stop it, damnit!

From now on, you were going to have as little to do with the Commander of the First Order as possible. Any interaction will be completely professional.

No, no interaction whatsoever.

You finally managed to get out of bed, each painful step a reminder of the events that transpired last night. Having not set an alarm the night before, you were running late to your morning class and had to dash to your room. The kids were already waiting outside the door in a neat line, talking quietly, holding the labeled pictures of their TIE Fighters.

"Hey everyone, I'm sorry I'm late today. Why don't you go in and sit down while I go reserve us a ship?" You opened the door for them, and they filed in.

You made your way to the flight deck, praying to any deity that may ever exist that you wouldn't see the command shuttle sitting in the bay. Either there was an all-powerful being in your corner, or you just got lucky, there was no command shuttle to be seen, and the pilot to it was thankfully out of the picture.

Your breathing eased as you approached the captain on deck. It was easy to find him. The shiny emblem could be seen on his uniform a mile away.

"Captain Acosta!"

You stood at attention, waiting to be dismissed. He turned at his name, and his eyes lit up when he saw you standing at attention.

"At ease, officer. What can I do for you today?"

He was friendly, an old teacher from the academy, the gods may favor you after all. You eased your posture, relaxing a bit more in the presence of a friend.

"I actually wanted to reserve a TIE fighter for my class today, sir. I want to do a dry run on equipment without the chance that they may actually take off. Are there any that don't have any interior damage that are out of commission at the moment?"

He looked concerned with your explanation.

"Your class? They've got you teaching? You were top of your class, and they're wasting your potential on training younglings?"

His frustration was evident in his posture, his jaw taught, and his back rigid, like he would snap any moment. You thought it was best to explain.

"Well, sir, it's actually my own fault. On the day of my final test, I lost my head, I did something really stupid, and it honestly should have gotten me killed. Luckily, the Commander liked my nerve. He said that if I successfully taught this class of younglings that I'd be allowed to become a fighter pilot."