"What are they doing here.....!?"

Hawks, Mirko and Mount Lady slowly approached the group of four, with solemn expressions on their faces.

The trio had a small stare-down with the veteran Pros, which Snipe interrupted.

"What are you guys.....?"

"We just know a bit more than the rest," Hawks replied. "We have a better understanding of things. That all of this is not happening without a reason."

"There's no point in being so cryptic," Present Mic said. "We're in the middle of war right now. This is your first such major operation, right? There's no room for lack of communication now."

"That's rich coming from the same Heroes who slaughtered the masses ten years ago, on this very day," Mirko spat back. "The three of us have already decided. We were on the wrong side this entire time. We've fucked up, big time. And the only way to redeem ourselves is to side with the true justice."

"True justice.....?" Aizawa did not comprehend the statement for a few seconds, but then he widened his eyes. "Wait, you mean.....!?"

"We're switching sides," Mount Lady said. "We're your enemies now, so don't bother. If the people who really committed the crime aren't going to own up to their mistakes, it's up to the newer generation to uphold those values."

Aizawa, Midnight, Snipe and Present Mic stared with wide eyes.

"You've been our inspiration throughout our childhood," Hawks said. "You guys were the Heroes I looked up to. All Might, Midnight, Eraserhead, Endeavor, Snipe..... we aspired to be like you. But after what we found out, I don't think we have that same respect anymore. We're heroes, and heroes are supposed to side with the people. Yet, on that day, you killed an entire bloodline. You're nothing but murderers. You're supposed to be protecting the innocent, and you go around and decimate defenseless citizens."

The four heroes had no response. Granted, none of them were directly responsible for any of the deaths that took place on the 28th Genocide. But they were still a part of the squad.

A person who commits an atrocity, and a person who watches it being committed, are one and the same.

As much as Aizawa tried to pacify his fragile mind, that he did not murder anyone that day, the same saying came back to haunt him. Regardless of whether he really killed anyone or not, he was present that day. He was there, and he watched the other 'heroes' murder everyone.

He was no different from those monsters.

"You can have these." Saying so, Mount Lady shoved three cards into the veteran Pro's hand. Three Hero Licenses.

"We're not going to work for a corrupt society. After this battle, we're resigning. If we manage to survive till the end of this, that is," Hawks said.

With that last statement, the three new generation 'True Heroes' walked out into the battlefield, towards the villain side.

The four veterans watched, as their backs grew smaller and smaller in the distance.

"We're so..... pathetic."

Aizawa muttered under his breath, but the three others caught on to his words.