Chapter 8

BELINA'S POV
________________

We arrived at the grand Hall and the decorations were really captivating. The whole hall looked like a highly sophisticated Palace. We both walked inside and I saw people gasping and steering at me. I felt like entering the ground. But I was excited that I was working with Kara and I could hide behind her shadows, so as not to bring attention to myself. Although it felt almost impossible because soo.. many people still winked and blew kisses at me, while others eyed and booed silently at me. I walked cautiously behind Kara spotting every female staff with a male staff. It was then I realised that I had not come with anyone and I was lonely, but i was glad I could still walk with Kara.

Not long afterwards, a dark handsome man approached us both and I saw Kara smiling brightly at him. I knew at once that he was the guy she was talking about that had gotten her a dress. How could I be soo... dumb to not realise that Kara would come with someone.

Kara excused herself and went away with her Prince charming and I was left alone to steer at everyone. It didn't take me much time to spot Paul and Mary. Of course as elegant as always Paul dressed sweetly and nicely which made a part of me want him by my side. I was aching for the soft peck he planted on my cheek the day before. But I knew I couldn't get it, my eyes shifted towards mary. She had on herself a simple yellow short gown and extremely low hills. She looked graceful as always. Although I was the one who pleaded with Paul to ask Mary to this dance but I didn't realise I would feel soo.. bad seeing Paul and Mary holding hands together. I knew Paul had no real feelings for Mary but I still couldn't bear the sight. I had fallen too... deep for Paul to ignore the way he and Mary walked and danced together.

I couldn't bear the sight anymore, so I rushed to another section of the hall way to keep myself busy looking round until at least when the party is over. I obseverd a few drawing and paintings of celebrity's pictures on the wall and Ray's picture was also put there.

I heard cars drive into the industry and I moved closer to observe them. They were two limousines escorted
by six other vehicles. From the first limousine an old average heighted woman stepped down from the limousine. She wore a black attire with touches of white shades about it and behind her emerged lady Jane who wore a short sleeveless white gown. They both walked elegantly with their heads up in pride towards the hall and I watched them with keen interest.

The door of the second limousine opened and Mr Ray walked out of the car, he unusually looked very tall in his dark all round atire and another young man of the same height and stature alighted behind him. The man wore a black long atire with little touch of gold about it. They both looked dangerous and scary as they walked toward the hall and then my gaze averted to a huge painting on the wall.

The painting was that of lady Jane in a white suit. Her picture painting stood gorgeously at the entrance of the hall and caught the attention of most people who walked in.

I was getting bored already as I had nothing to do. No one to dance with or talk to. And then I decided to explore this great hall instead of sitting on a spot and steering unnecessarily at people. I moved to the back of the hall and there weren't so..much people there. I was glad much people weren't here to wink and blow kisses at my beauty.

Before I could take few more step forward, a hand gripped me from behind and I heard its deep voice utter.

" What are you doing here? You should be in the party where guests like you are meant to be Lina". I turned to see who it was because I hadn't heard that voice before but the stranger seemed to know me because he had just called my name. But when I turned back it was the other guy who had alighted from the limousine with Ray. The one with the golden touch on his black atire. Who was he and how did he know my name.

"Who are you?" I asked forcefully letting go of my hands from him.

" My name is General black" He answered in a short whisper as if he musnt be caught whispering.

" What do you want from me and how do you know my name?" I demanded even if I shivered underneath my breathe. His presence was so domineering and scary.

" I should be asking you that, because you are in my territory. This place is supposed to be where I stay and I found you here. And for your second question, I own everything including my workers so why won't I know your name Lina?" he fired back smirking.

" Pffftt... You don't own me. " I replied rolling my eyeballs.

" Should I prove it to you that I own you. And mind the way you talk and gesticulate when you are with me. I can destroy you. " he answered and I quivered as my knees felt weak. He look scary and huge enough to harm me.

" But Mr Ray is the owner of the industry" I said trying to figure out who he was.

"Mr Ray??... You mean Grey Ray. Hahahhaha Little angel let's not talk about that now." General black said to me and I blushed within. He took my hands softly and walked me to the dance floor and we began dancing. He danced so perfectly that I forgot to breath most time.

I was lost in the wonder land that I didn't realize the presence of Mr Ray or should I say Grey Ray.

" We are leaving Gen" Ray said before steering at me for a while and then leaving.

" Goodbye cinderlina" he said and walked away.

GENERAL BLACK'S POV
__________________________

I turned to zuk zuk and said to him.

"Keep an eye on Lina and make sure she safe alright. Be careful not to let her get hurt, Protect her constantly. Now leave.

Grey Ray walked to me and placed his hand on my shoulder and said.

" What were you doing with her? "

" I am doing the needful Man." I answered walking very fast from him.

"You know she's Joana right. The lady from Zublong, the only one who harmed Catheri ......" Grey Ray had hardly completed his words before I placed a mask over him to keep quiet.

" I know that Grey Ray... I am not a fool... I know what I am doing.

****************************

Hi guysss🌈🦄
I hope you enjoyed this episode.
I will try to drop each chapter daily.
But I will need encouragement from y'all.

Please do not just read but make sure you like and comment on each episode. If you constantly like and comment I will drop more than one chapter a day. It's a promise.

But to be sure that you are all reading and enjoying please follow me and share this link.

Teinkssssss... ..

PLEASE VOTE... IF YOU VOTE I WILL BE DROPPING CHAPTERS FREQUENTLY... THE STORY IS JUST ABOUT TO GET JUICY... JUST ABOUT TO GET INTERESTING..

PLSSSS VOTE AND COMMENT. TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE NOVEL.

TEINKSS