2) "hold me closer.."

Word count- 1571

Genre- fluff 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can I come over?"

Your voice is sweet and soft through the phone. Sleepy. Eddie smiles, leaning into the wall.

"Course you can, princess. It's late though, are you tired?" he rasps. You hum in affirmation.

"Can't sleep."

You struggle with sleeping often, spending many nights without so much as a second of rest. Eddie tries in every way he can to help, doing everything from playing you soothing music to holding you in his arms and cuddling you to sleep. Sometimes his efforts pay off - other times, not so much.

"Alright, baby. You want me to come and get you?"

"'s alright, I'll walk." Eddie frowns, his little grunt makes you giggle. Balancing the phone between his ear and shoulder, he rifles through the array of possessions scattered by the front door and jumps in triumph when he finds his car keys.

"I don't want you walking so late by yourself, beautiful. I'm gonna come and get you, okay?"

"'kay, Eds. See you soon. Love you."

"Love you more."

Eddie hangs up and crosses his arms. You must be exhausted if how agreeable you are is anything to go by. Usually you'd do anything but let Eddie help you, arguing and protesting for every second that your boyfriend is trying to make your life easier. But you just don't have it in you. You're so fucking tired.

The drive to your house isn't a long one, but Eddie hates the idea of you out, alone, in the middle of the night. He's so protective of you - and with good reason.

You're already waiting outside when he arrives. Hopping into the passenger seat, you gaze up at him with drooping eyes. He threads fingers through your hair, nimble and wonderfully gentle, and you murmur quietly, leaning into him.

"Hi, pretty princess," he says, "Let's get you to bed. We can cuddle, have some tea, whatever you want."

"Tea?" you giggle.

"Yeah! I read somewhere that it's like, super calming and can help you fall asleep. So I bought some for you."

"Thank you, baby." You smile, climbing awkwardly into his lap in the car. He sits back, immediately making room for you. You're so lucky, really, to have someone who puts up with all of this. Who wants you despite all of your silly quirks and flaws, even though you're difficult and stubborn and hard to deal with sometimes. Eddie loves you regardless. Pushing your hair back from your face, he kisses your forehead; you whine, holding his face still to press a kiss to his lips. He sits up, deepening the kiss; your lips mesh together, warm and soft and comforting, and Eddie's tongue slips through and into your mouth, pulling a hum from you.

"Eddie," you whine against his lips, fingers curled around his t-shirt.

"Shh, shh. 's alright," he reassures, thumb caressing your cheek. "C'mon, let's get you home."

A grin cracks across your face at the word home. What's his is yours, after all, and Eddie has always adhered to that.

You climb back over to the passenger seat, clicking your seatbelt in and hugging your knees.

"Good girl," Eddie says, rubbing your cheek before starting the car engine again.

The ride to Eddie's is short and quiet; you struggle to keep your eyes open, but still sleep refuses to come. By the time you realise that you're stationary and Eddie's already out of the car, he's lifting you. You wrap your arms around his neck, breathing him in and working deft fingers into the baby hairs at the nape of his neck. With your other hand, you twirl the ends of his long hair, smiling dazedly into his neck. His steps are long and languid, purposely so as not to jolt you. He unlocks the caravan, setting you down gently so he can close the door behind him. You make for the bed, laying down on the pillows that smell like him and inhaling deeply.