Chapter 39| River

Emily share all but one class this semester, and it makes me happy. Very happy. Though I wish we could've done homeschool with Abbey, Wyatt, and Keely. It's going to be boring without them.

I kiss Emily's forehead as I go off to find me locker, and as I'm walking I see Riley struggling to open his locker.

"Need some help?" I ask him, coming to a stop.

Riley jumps and looks at me. "H-help? You're not going to beat me up?"

"Why'd I do that?" He did nothing wrong, as I'm aware of. Keely broke things off, so I have no reason to be angry with him..... Unless Keely lied to me, and Riley was the one who broke things off. "Didn't Keely break things off?" I raise my eyebrow.

Keely wouldn't lie about something like that to me, would she? It makes no sense why she'd lie about it.

"Wait what?" Riley asks, stopping trying to open his locker.

"Keely said she's the one who ended the friendship." I'm starting to think she lied to me. But I don't know why. If it was Riley though, I'm totally getting a punch in for making my baby sister cry. Riley doesn't deserve her tears.

"Why would she say that? She didn't do anything, it was me-" Riley cuts himself off, his eyes going wide. "I'm going to get punched, aren't I?"

I shrug. "Depends. Was it really you that ended the friendship?"

Riley frowns, looking at the ground. "Yeah. Because I'm a fucking idiot."

Keely and I are going to talk about this.... Or maybe not. She has enough going on, plus it would take a long time for her to write out what she wants to say, even if we're moving along quickly with sign language, we aren't that good yet.

"Why did you break things off? I was rooting for suncloud."

"Suncloud?"

"Sunshine and raincloud put together." I say, it's so obvious what suncloud stands for.

"Oh... well suncloud was and I'd never happening. She loves Kai." Riley mumbles, and goes back to trying to open his locker.

"Don't remind me." I groan. "Kai is a bitchface."

Riley snorts. "Yeah he is. But whether I like it or not, Keely loves him and I don't want to get in the way."

I push Riley aside gently as I try opening his locker for him. Damn, this thing is really stuck! "You love her, don't you?"

It is so obvious the two have feelings for each other, or at least did.

"Yeah." He mumbles, looking at the ground. "I just want her happy, and if she's happy with the bitchface, then I'll back off."

I immediately stop trying to open his locker and face him. "Did you end your friendship because you love her?!"

"What else was I supposed to do?! She's in love with Kai and it physically hurt seeing them so happy together. I didn't want to ruin it for her, so I backed off. I swear it! I didn't mean any harm, I just her happy."

I sigh. "You made her cry Riley."

Riley huffs. "She'll get over it. She doesn't need me anyway."

I tug once more, much harder then before, on Riley's locker, and it swings open. "I'm still going to punch you though."

Riley sighs, holding up his hands, not even bothering to try and block my punch.

I frown. Why's he not putting up more of a fight? "You're just gonna let me punch you?"

Riley shrugs. "I deserve it don't I? I made Keely cry, I want to be punched. I'm a fucking bitch."

"What? No you're not. You don't want to mess with Keely'a happiness. As much as I hate how she's happy with Kyle. Suncloud is my OTP."

"Suncloud isn't going to happen River. Now hurry up and punch me, we're already late for class."

"No. I'm not punching you anymore. You're my little brother. I don't want to hurt you."

"Gosh, it's just a punch Riv." Riley huffs. "Just punch me."

"You seem too eager for it. I'm not hurting you." I mumble. Also I realized how his dad hurts him, and I don't want to hurt Riley like that.

Riley groans, and walks away, slamming his locker shut. Damn, why'd he get so upset I didn't punch him? He didn't deserve it. I get he made Keely cry and all, but he did what he did because he wanted her to be happy, and felt like he'd mess that up for her.

Sighing I continue walking to find my locker. I can skip this class, it's the one Emily's not in anyway, so no real reason for me to go. Nothing of importance happens on the first day anyway.

I find my locker, and decide to go to the library. I'll be fine to skip class there. It's where everyone who's skipping class goes, there's this corner in the library no adult ever thinks to check for skippers.

I go to it, stopping dead in my tracks seeing my girlfriend sitting there, on her phone just chilling.

"Emily, why aren't you in class?" I ask, and she freezes, slowly looking up at me.

"Why aren't you?"

I shrug. "I asked you first."

"Because you weren't in my fucking french class, plus, who the hell decided to give me a French class at 7am. I'm not fucking awake at 7am."

I snort. That's my girlfriend everyone.

"Now what about you?"

"I was talking with Riley, and would've been late to class, and decided what the hell. Plus you aren't in that class."

I sit next to her, and she rests her head on my shoulder.

"The nerd skipping class for his juvenile bad girl girlfriend. Someone should write a book about our love story."

*****
Hi tic tacs.

Oh my goodness, I was having major writers block on this. I could not for the life of me come up with anything. I was supposed to update yesterday when I updated His Sunflower, but I didn't have this chapter finished, and so I literally sat myself down and forced myself to finish this chapter. Even if I don't like it. So sorry if it ended a bit weird, I was just trying to get it done. Because it annoys me seeing I have like 40 chapters published on His Sunflower, and 39 chapters published on Beautiful Crazy.

Also, if anyone has anything they want to see, like could be something funny, something serious, anything. As long as it doesn't like change the whole plot line too much. I'll happily write it for you. Because I need to fill time before my next thing in the plot can take place, but I have like no ideas.

FYI, if anyone wanted a scene where Kai is thrown into a volcano, like the sacrifice scene in Madagascar 2, I've already had that request, and am thinking of the perfect moment to add it in.