Too familiar, too hurtful

Start from the beginning

You have just entered the common room of the complex when you see Wanda sitting on one of the couches reading a book, her back to you. Using your super speed, you run and throw yourself on the armchair facing where the brunette is sitting.

Wanda startles, holding the book tighter, but pretends it didn't happen and doesn't look at you. But you notice and smile mischievously.

"Sorry I startled you, Wanda, it's just that I was in a hurry." You joke, giggling at your own pun, and the witch briefly raises her eyebrows, not the least bit impressed by your antics.

"That's great, (Y/n), so why don't you rush your way out of here?" She replies harshly without looking at you and you swallow dryly, shifting uncomfortably in your armchair.

An awkward silence forms around you, mingling with the anger emanating from Wanda and pressing you against the armchair. But you're willing to try again.

"What book are you reading?" You ask pointing to the object in her hands even though she is not looking at you. "It's none of your business." She replies even more harshly than before, still refusing to look at you.

You nod slowly, getting up from the armchair and muttering an "okay" under your breath as you do so.

"Bye, Wanda." You mumble before leaving, but the brunette doesn't say anything back.

-----

You, Wanda, Steve and Natasha are surrounded.

The Hydra agents seemed to know you were coming and were waiting for you in droves. It's the first time since you joined the Avengers that you face so many enemies like this, but you swallow your anxiety and continue with your job.

Despite the immense disadvantage, you manage to complete the mission with a simple plan. You and Wanda cover for Steve and Nat while they take the box with the chemical weapon back to the quinjet and once they get there, you and Wanda leave as well.

While Wanda maintains an energy barrier protecting Steve and Nat and hurls energy spheres at some of the agents, you use your super speed to disarm and knock out as many enemies as you can.

As soon as Nat confirms on the comms that you can return, you stop running and look at Wanda. She is surrounded and you notice some soldiers coming at her from behind, she being completely unaware of their approach.

Without a second thought, you run to her and pick her up, carrying her away and reaching the quinjet in less than a second.

As soon as you stop running, Wanda looks at you with wide eyes. "Let go of me!" She screams hysterically, pushing you hard and getting off your lap clumsily and desperately. You watch her reaction paralyzed and shocked.

"Don't ever do that again." She says through clenched teeth pointing her index finger at your face, her eyes watering and hate written all over her face.

Before you can say anything, she walks away from you. You look at your mentors and realize that they're exchanging indecipherable glances.

You sigh, running your hands down your face angrily and walking in the opposite direction to where Wanda went.

-----

As soon as Wanda returned from the mission, she ran to her room and allowed herself to cry.

She doesn't know how much time has passed since then, but it's already dark outside so she figures it's been a few hours.

It's been months and she still hasn't learned how to cope. The fear of never being able to making her cry even more.

Light knocks on the door startle her and she wipes her tears away before walking over. "I'm not hungry, Steve, I'll eat some-" She says but as soon as she notices who it is, she stops talking abruptly.