Last time, Lan Wei had been in his room chatting with him for almost half the night. The sword had also come at him a few times, and no one was even aware of it!

They even let Lan Wei noiselessly leave the palace!

Although Ling Xiao knew from before that Lan Wei's martial arts weren't all that weak, he still didn't think he was that good!

He had freely entered and left the palace!

As a result, Ling Xiao had called over many eunuchs to keep watch for the past few days.

You want to ask why he called over eunuchs, Ling Xiao could only say he wasn't the leader of the imperial guards. He was unable to call those imperial guards, and he also didn't dare to call them as he wished, attracting the Emperor's attention.

Even after calling over eunuchs to keep watch, Ling Xiao did not feel much security. So, after carefully thinking about it, he made a small mechanism in his room.

At nightfall, just as expected, there was an extra light blue figure in his house.

Additionally, all the eunuchs and maids within the house were taken out by him.

Ling Xiao stared stupefied at Lan Wei who was sitting in his seat for three seconds, then silently turned away. In the second he turned around, the familiar sword cry echoed by his ear, then an ice-cold touch once more climbed up his neck.

"Where do you think you are going? Ling Xiao." Lan Wei sinisterly said.

Ling Xiao widened his eyes, staring at the sword as it emitted a faint cold light, and the corners of his mouth tugged a little. He carefully pushed away the sword, saying, "Young Master Lan Wei, do you have to use such a simple and violent style every time you meet me?"

Lan Wei coldly humphed and shook off the hand Ling Xiao had used to move his sword, moving the sword back to Ling Xiao's neck and said, "Less nonsense. This Young Master wants to ask you something. I have already sent the letter to you, but it has been two to three days. Why have I not seen any movement? Do you want to renege?"

Saying this, Lan Wei's face already had a hint of anger. The point of the sword pushed on, about to cut open Ling Xiao's skin. Ling Xiao's body went rigid, his eyes flashed a little as he hastily said, "Young Master Lan Wei, you're misunderstanding me. It's not that I don't want to help, it's just that the list you sent... has a mistake."

"Impossible!" Lan Wei frowned, "That list was taken by this Young Master from father's study, it should not have a problem!"

Listening, Ling Xiao raised an eyebrow and grabbed onto the point, "Lord Prime Minister's study?"

Ling Xiao closed his eyes and contemplated, then said with purpose, "This list wasn't given to you by the Lord Prime Minister?

Lan Wei pursed his lips when he heard this and with a displeased face said, "You ask too many questions!"

He was clearly trying to cover it up, so Ling Xiao confirmed that point. This list really wasn't handed over by the Prime Minister, but it had been secretly taken by Lan Wei straight from the Prime Minister's study!

It was as he thought, the Prime Minister was crafty. It was impossible for him to hand over the list, and Lan Wei wanted to hand over the list to help Mo Qi no matter what. Under the circumstances where he had different intentions from the Prime Minister, like how Lan Wei wanted to help Mo Qi, he could only do one thing.

Hide the matter from the Prime Minister and steal the list to hand it over.

Lan Wei, this person, was proud and arrogant, but what he hated the most was cheating others.