To be frank, it was impossible.

Ling Xiao closed his eyes and thought a bit. Getting up, he flicked the dust off of the hem of his robe and headed to the Imperial Study.

He arrived just when the Chancellor was leaving. Inside the study, the Emperor was resting with his eyes closed.

Behind him, Xiao Lizi was massaging his shoulders.

Ling Xiao approached, facing the Emperor with proper courtesy. The Emperor opened his eyes and Ling Xiao signaled to Xiao Lizi with his eyes to go while he, himself, went to massage the Emperor's thick and broad shoulders.

"Didn't I already say that you did not have to accompany and serve Us?"

The Emperor said as he comfortably leaned back in the chair.

Ling Xiao replied, "Your servant's body is already much better, so this servant came because this servant was worried about Your Majesty."

The corner of the Emperor's mouth tugged a little, his face carrying a visible exhaustion.

Seeing this, Ling Xiao reached out a hand, wanting to help massage his forehead a little and help him relax, but his hand was suddenly grabbed when it had just touched the Emperor's forehead.

Ling Xiao was frightened, the hand that was behind held felt somewhat painful and when he looked at the Emperor, he only found that the Emperor's eyes were icy and deep, gazing at him attentively. In his heart, he was alarmed as his face turned white. Inwardly, he reminded himself to remain calm and paused for a few seconds. Returning to his normal state, he swallowed his saliva and explained, "Your Majesty, seeing you so tired, your servant just wanted to massage your forehead a little and help you relax."

The Emperor didn't say anything or release his hand, he merely stared at Ling Xiao to the point that Ling Xiao's heartbeat seemed like thunder. After staring at Ling Xiao for a good while, the Emperor meaningfully closed his eyes and released his hand, half leaning back against the chair.

Ling Xiao covered the hand that had been grabbed with his other hand, as it still hurt, and quietly released a breath.

Seeing that the Emperor did not express anything, Ling Xiao clenched his teeth and summoned up his courage as he once again reached out to touch the Emperor's forehead. Ling Xiao had a premonition that if, this time, the Emperor did not oppose him touching his forehead, then Ling Xiao would be even more favored in the future.

Finally, he placed his hands on both sides of the Emperor's temple. Ling Xiao paused for a few seconds, not daring to move. Seeing that the Emperor didn't really reveal any drastic reactions, Ling Xiao released a breath and slowly started to massage.

The Emperor sensed his cautiousness, slightly opening his eyes, then immediately closing them.

"Looks like you really are very afraid of Us."

The Emperor turned his head, moving into a more comfortable position, "We have said before that as long as you do not make an error, We will not take your life."

Listening to this, Ling Xiao felt himself become somewhat sullen, thinking to himself that this Emperor was a person who really liked blunt temperaments. He couldn't help but open his mouth, complaining some as he said, "What your servant is afraid of is not knowing what kind of error was done for this servant to lose his life."

The Emperor lightly laughed, "So you can still have these kinds of silly moments?"

Ling Xiao rolled his eyes, thinking as he opened his mouth, "I do. Like I said just now, your servant doesn't know where he is wrong."