The Emperor looked and, feeling that something wasn't right, suddenly said, "We will go with you."

"No..." Steward Xu reflexively refused. When the Emperor stared at him, Steward Xu immediately bowed and explained, "What this servant means is that Your Majesty is a royal prerogative. How could you go to where your servants live? Moreover, little Lingzi is ill. If he were to infect you, it wouldn't be good at all."

The Emperor didn't say anything, and Steward Xu kneeled in front of him, "Asking Your Majesty to think thrice about your dragon body."

"Stand up." The Emperor stared at Steward Xu for a good half day before opening his mouth. Steward Xu stood up trembling with fear as he asked, "Then, should this servant go and get an imperial physician for little Lingzi now?"

"Hm." The Emperor nodded and Steward Xu bowed as he departed.

The Emperor gazed at his back, his face cold.

So, even the person who looked after him while he was growing up would tell lies. It looked like he really had gotten old.

Leaving the Emperor's line of sight, Steward Xu took out a hundred year ginseng from the storeroom and stopped his footsteps, his entire face black and wrinkled.

The Emperor unexpectedly would ask about that kid, Ling Xiao! He'd even give him a hundred year ginseng and call the imperial physician to treat him!!!

The more Steward Xu thought about it, the more jealous he became. A single insignificant newcomer could make the Emperor miss him. If he stayed, there would definitely be quite a bit of trouble in the future.

As his thoughts went this way, Steward Xu could no longer sit still!

Carrying the hundred year ginseng, he turned and went to Ling Xiao's room.

In the room, Steward Xu lift his whisk and stood at Ling Xiao's bedside.

Ling Xiao was dizzy and what he saw was muddled, but he could still faintly see the shadow of a person. According to the shadow, he could guess that it was the eunuch who was always wearing the red embroidered clouds: Steward Xu. Soon after he recognized him, he didn't feel like starting the conversation.

It had already been two days. No one came to his room, and no one brought him water or food. Originally he was sick, but now his body was even weaker. Since Ling Xiao still didn't want to die, in his current weak state, he could only do his best to save his strength bit by bit as he waited for his illness to improve. Then he would be able to go out and get some water. He simply didn't have the strength to pay any attention to Steward Xu.

However, Steward Xu wasn't about to let him off.

"Ling Xiao, Little Ling-y, do you know what I have in my hand?"

Steward Xu turned the delicate box in his hands, showing off.

Ling Xiao swallowed his saliva, moistening his dry throat.

"This is the hundred year ginseng bestowed by the Emperor."

"Although it's for you," Steward Xu evilly laughed, "the fact is that it's mine now."

"It's not just these few things, but after you die, I will get even more things since the Emperor will only have me to serve him."

Ling Xiao frowned, what was Steward Xu saying!

"Ling Xiao, you, a little eunuch, really are clever. If you had been absolutely loyal to me, I also wouldn't have the heart to take this step, you know."

Ling Xiao clenched his teeth and said in a hoarse voice, "What do you want to say in the end?!"

"Sigh..." Steward Xu sneered, "You don't understand? It's fine even if you don't, since I will explain it to you."