chapter 8

margot stands next to sloane and cameron, feeling far to underdressed as she stands in the foyer of chez luis. like uncomfortably underdressed, she's almost embarrassed as she looks at the other guests. rather than being dressed in hockey jersey's they're wearing business causal.

a waiter, not much older the the quartet passes by, giving the two girls and cameron a disapproving look, are fringe and hockey jerseys not appropriate for an establishment like this? the three of them hold eye contact with the man before looking at him disapprovingly. as he leaves their sight they turn their attention back to ferris as he looks through the reservation book, searching for a party of 4 to mooch off of. cameron messes with his jersey as embarrassment grows in margot's chest, she shares a look with cameron. he sighs before saying,

"can we please get the hell outta here?" he asks, margot nodding, "this place gives me the creeps."

"we're totally being judged ferris." margot whispers to her brother, trying to convince him to leave with eyes so pleading that only a little sister could conjure them up.

"ignore them." ferris whispers at her.

"why didn't you tell me we were coming to a..." cameron asks before he stops himself, a snooty host approaching from behind.

he holds himself rigid next to margot, margot and sloane following. sloane looks better, more relaxed while margot looks uncomfortable and definetily like she's not supposed to be here. ferris looks to his sister and best friend, he slouches quickly, urging them to chill out for just a moment so he can lie and cheat his way into yet another thing.

"hello, may i help you?" the host asks, already suspicious of the group.

"you can sure as hell try." ferris says, margot holds in a scoff as sloane holds in a laugh, cameron fixing his hair, "forman, party of four for 12:00." ferris says before handing the man a five.

"oh my god." margot whispers as the host scoffs, unimpressed by ferris's "trick". she lays her forehead against cameron's shoulder in embarrassment, he goes rigid as she does so but relaxes into her touch. just as he does so she lifts her head up, standing up straight.

"is there a problem?" ferris asks.

"you are abe froman?" the host asks.

"that's right. i'm abe froman." ferris says confidently with a smile.

"the sausage king of chicago?" the host asks, margot and cameron holding in laughs. they both share a look before quickly looking away, trying not to blow their cover anymore than ferris already has.
ferris's jaw drops just a bit before he jumps right back into the act, "yeah. that's me."

"listen young man. entre nous, i'm very busy here. why don't you take the kids and go back to the clubhouse?" the host says; margot, cameron, and sloane diverting eye contact. margot thinks, "why didn't we just go to a pizza shop? the food here cannot be THAT good."

"are you suggesting that i'm not who i say i am?" ferris accuses.

"i'm suggesting that you leave before i have to get snooty." the host snaps, ferris's jaw dropping. the man's already snooty, margot doesn't wanna see him get worse.

"snooty?" ferris asks.

"snotty." the host responds.

"snotty?" ferris says again, finally cameron takes a stand.

"come on abe, let's go." cameron says, hitting ferris lightly on the shoulder.

of course ferris fails to listen and holds his ground, "no, i'm not goin' anywhere." margot and cameron sigh at each other, "no, we'd like to be seated." ferris says as he taps, creating more of a ruckus. other patrons begin to look at the group of teens standing in the foyer, margot growing more embarrassed by the second. her and cameron smile at an older woman in a pink dress as she shoots the group a glance as ferris continues to argue.