Chapter 1: The Beginning

It was just another day. I had gotten off of work like I normally did in the early afternoon, not really thinking much of what I was going to do. Actually, that was a lie, I knew I wanted just a nice relaxing day at home playing games with my friends. Though, as was the case with most of my plans, that didn't get to happen. I was walking through the the city, a bag of groceries in hand. Why I was always the one to get them when I couldn't drive I will never know. Man, I really was kind of pathetic back then. Anyway, as I turned the corner I saw a couple of wannabe thugs harassing a skinny looking guy. He didn't seem to put up much of a fight, though to be fair these other two would probably use him as a toothpick if he tried anything. Now I know exactly what you are thinking, and no I didn't intervene. I didn't have a death wish, I'm not built for a fight. Instead I had decided to cross the street to avoid them and go on with my business. That was until this happened.

"Hey, dumbass." I turned around and saw the two guys I tried to avoid. This day was getting shittier by the second. "Can I help you?" I could've been a smartass, and looking back I probably should've. Unfortunately, my better judgement stopped me from doing that and probably lead me down this rabbit hole. "Yeah, you can start by giving us the bag and your wallet." I don't exactly remember what happened next, this happened lifetimes ago, but lets just say that I ended up with a knife in my shoulder, two bloody fists and two guys at my feet groaning in pain. I couldn't understand it at the time, but apparently my potential as a champion unlocked here. I had pulled my phone out to call the police and EMTs before the adrenaline wore off when I felt it, the cold.

I hate the cold, so much so that I would wear a hoodie in 90 plus degree weather just to not feel the cold of an AC. The dark wasn't much of an issue, in fact I kinda prefer it. Then, the light appeared, blinding me and yet not allowing me to look away. Before me was a girl wearing a white dress, which made it appear that she was shining brighter. She had light pink hair that went just below her shoulders, and diamond blue eyes. I was in awe, as any twenty year old man would be if a pretty girl literally appeared before them. I mean come on, you know if you were in my situation you would feel the exact same way I did that day. Anyway back on topic, I will never forget the first words she spoke to me, they will forever stick with me. I am positive that whoever she chooses after me will also treasure these words. You want to know what they were?

"You are my champion..."