The Wait Ends/Beginning of The Semester

Start from the beginning

"Hey, if you boys get comfortable enough. Why don't you tell us about him?" Rouge offered, her suggestion lifting up the young men's spirits. They most definitely will. Ace was going to start with his own tale on how he raised Luffy with Sabo when—

"Shishishi! I'm coming home."

Everyone froze, the civilians froze, the former marines and pirates froze. The world froze.

A hush enveloped them. Comfortable and eerily silence washes over the world, a Conqueror's Haki so filled with affection and faith that seemed to return to protect them once again from the clutches of the ghost of their past.

"I..."

"You heard that, right Dad? Mom?" Sabo was still shaking, joy bubbling in his chest. He's felt this Haki before and he was immensely familiar with it, it wasn't demanding and cold, it was the complete opposite. It was so sudden, if he didn't have his Observation Haki active all the damn time, he would've probably missed the faint wave of Haki.

"Ace!" The freckled man was already on his feet, his eyes as wide as his brother's.

"Of course, I felt it! Your father did that before way back, but..." The peach blonde woman trailed off when suddenly, booming laughter came from the giant man known as Gol D. Roger.

"I'm only guessing here, you dorks." Roger commented on their wide hopeful grins and teary eyes, "That might be your brother's doing."

"Oh, we just know it." "Definitely!"

***

People witnessed the same hush again. Some were filled with the same hope, some retracted and disconnected from the world outside; not wanting to get their hopes up only for it to be a complete falsehood, some amusedly stared at the direction of the Grandline University, some had chills going down their spine in fear as they recognized this silence upon the world.

Only two men were capable of doing this. The only one alive in this new life was no longer the notorious pirate and was a father to 2 sons and a husband. The second one was... Was...

"Welcome back, your majesty." Silvers 'Dark King' Rayleigh smirked as he stared out the wonderous view of the ocean just outside the campus built on fit stilts. He was in the faculty room as the teachers discussed and chatted on the new rookies or should they say first years.

"So, our King has returned?" Charlotte 'Big Mom' Linlin raised her eye brow, the busty pink-haired woman had kept her beauty and had let her 'children' reincarnate as other strangers' children but they had not forgotten the scars Big Mom had given them. She hopes to reconcile with them as their professor.

"Better late than never." Portgas D. 'Akagami no' Shanks chuckled as he held the student profile in his hands, 'Monkey D. Luffy, Age: 17, Born in Japan, raised in Japan, Immigrated to Portugal a week ago.' His stormy eyes softened at the wide grin Anchor had in the picture.

On the outside, he appeared so much different, his skin was lighter (dare he say paler) than when he last saw him, his hair was pure white with golden streaks at the end, the scars appeared to have turned into birthmarks which were common nowadays.

The other professors of the University whispered happily and amusingly amongst themselves, "GURARARARARA! Well, it seems the King deserves to have a formal 'Welcoming' now, doesn't he?" The director or Headmaster, Edward 'Whitebeard' Newgate hollered. He was much younger than he once was before he died. Which made things better.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Newgate?" Shanks had a shit eating grin when he faced the giant on the equally large office chair. "Turning the special event for the first years into a feast? Of course!"