Shadows of Past

"Vikram!! Meri shirt paas karna." Aman shouted as he continued stuffing his things in his bag.

"Khud lena!! Mujhe meri packing bhi karni hai." Vikram shouted. Vikram who was tired of handling them started dialing Asim's number to know where he and Sidharth were. It was their last night in shimla. Their trip was over and after five days of fun, they were finally ready to leave.

Asim entered the room followed by Sid with the same portrait in his hand.

"Guys, ye sab kya ho raha hai?" Asim asked as he saw a completely messed up room.

"Kya ho raha hai matlab?? Dude! Have you forgot kal humein nikalna hai. Aur tum dono subah se kaha ho?!" Aman asked the question running in each of their minds.
"Vo..vo kuch kaam tha!!" Asim said. He looked at rey who was looking depressed at the idea of leaving. He kept the portrait aside and went out of the room to get a nice piece of talk with his mind. While the boys looked at him in confusion, Asim decided to divert their minds.

"Vo Sid thoda thak gaya hai, tum log continue karo..mein dekhke aata hu." Asim ran to Sid while the boys ignored it.

3 was standing at the balcony of the main corridor. The place where he saw her last night. With the snowflakes falling and decorating the city and the woods, the forest he went last night was also visible clearly.

"Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha. Ye sab kya ho raha hai?" He murmured. Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder and he  snapped back only to find swayam with an assuring smile.

"I am so confused Asim. Sab kuch itna achanak ho raha hai ki..mein kuch nahi samajh paa raha." Sidharth said almost losing hope.

"Dekh Sidharth! I can completely understand ki iss waqt tu bahot zyada confused hai. Itne saare sawal aur kisi ka bhi jawab nahi hai. Mein yeh bhi jaanta hu ki pichle kuch dino mein jo bhi hua that was not at all something to forget and move on. But jo bhi ho..humare shimla aane se pehle bhi teri ek life thi..jo tera wait kar rahi hai..your mom-dad..Aarti..humare saare friends..sab waha hai..Mumbai mein sab kuch pehle jaisa hai. Mein yeh nahi  keh raha ki sab kuch bhool ja kyunki mein jaanta hu ki ye karna thoda mushkil hai. But just think it yourself, sirf ek famous local story, ek benaam portrait aur ek aisi ladki jise tere alawa kisi ne nahi dekha ke basis pe hum aur pata bhi kya kar sakte hai. Meri baat maan, packing kar le. Aur agar teri destiny mein sachme uss story ko complete karna likha hai to I promise you..mein tera saath dunga." Asim assured him. Sidharth finally feeling a little bit light hugged Asim.

"I think you are right Asim." He said while hugging him.

"Ab chal! I am sure..un teeno ne zaroor packing mein gadbad ki hogi. Iski shirt uske bag mein..iska deo uski pocket mein." Asim said and to his wish sid giggled instantly. They left their room leaving the cold winter night with snowflakes and the mysterious forest.

The clock struck 12. It was exactly midnight. Just a day before it was the time when he saw her first. No matter how much he was trying to convince himself, he just couldn't calm his heart. Her face..the voice of her anklets..everything was just printed in his memories. He wanted his answers. But the time was definitely not helping him. It was running like the sand out of hand. Tomorrow morning he had to leave and then there's nothing he'll be able to do. But staying back was not an option either. His family..his girlfriend..everyone was waiting.

Sitting beside the window of the room he looked outside. The snowfall had finally stopped but even in the moonlight the city was looking white as cream. Undoubtedly it was one of the best moments he had discovered so far. His gaze moved inside where Asim after a lot of persuasion had finally slept. It took him a lot of time to convince him that he was fine and if he didn't slept then he'll have to bear a nice lecture from Himanshi once they get back. Though his mind was doing rigorous workout by continuously thinking about it all, his tired body finally gave up and his eyes started flickering as he started drowning in sleep. Only if he could actually fulfill his much needed sleep. But destiny had some other plans for him.