Chapter Three: Bridgerton Ball

The three of you just awkwardly stare at each other for a few seconds.

"Welcome to Sunny's Bridgerton Ball," says Milo as he hands both of you a Lady Whistledown society paper. "Hartley will give you which character you are."

"Thanks Milo," says Roland. You both walk away from Milo. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" You ask.

"That's a silly question. Let's just go to Hartley and pretend that awkward interaction didn't happen." You both walk over to Hartley. She hands you both pieces of paper. You look on your paper to see Kate Sharma's name.

"Who did you get Roland?"

"I got Benedict Bridgerton."

"That's a good character. You act just like him sometimes."

"Well that's true, since he's an artist as well. Who did you get?"

"Kate Sharma."

"I love her character. Especially since they changed her in the show to be more inclusive and representative."

"I agree." Hartley and Sunny are standing on a stage in the middle of the room.

"We have a few activities going on at this ball," says Sunny.

"First we will dance, then have a game of Pall Mall, then dinner, and then finally we will find out who Lady Whistledown is," says Hartley. "Now that everyone has been assigned a character, you have to find the character they end up with, specifically your character's endgame. Now Sunny will call out the names of who pairs up with who."

"First up is Daphne Brigderton with Simon Hastings which is really Lilith and Johnathan. Then we have Benedict Bridgerton and Sophie Beckett. Which is Roland and Sofia."

"I'll see you later. I request the second dance with you," Roland whispers in your ear. He walks away from you to join Sofia on the dance floor. You anxiously wait to hear your name be called.

"Next is Kate Sharma who is Y/n L/n and Anthony Bridgerton who is... I'm sorry Sunny did you really-" Sunny cuts her off and whispers something in her ear. She nods her head and continues. "And Anthony Bridgerton who is-" she swallows hard and then says, "Milo Manheim." You silently curse to yourself. You find Milo and he just takes your gloved hand.

"This is quite the surprise isn't it?" he chuckles.

"Yes, yes a surprise."

A few minutes later, music starts playing and the both of you silently dance. You step on his feet a couple of times.

"Y/n-"

"You will address me as Kate Sharma, Lord Bridgerton." He laughs.

"Well Ms. Sharma, can we please talk about that night?"

"I do not wish to talk about it."

"But we have to, to get rid of this awkwardness. I will do anything to be in your life again, even if that means we can't be together romantically. I'm okay with just being friends. Like how we were before."

"Milo, you know why."

"I don't care. My only wish is to be with you in anyway possible because I lov- care about you."

"Milo, please accept that we can't be like this."

"Well I can't handle tha-" we are interrupted by Meg Donnelly.

"May I cut in?" She asks.

"Of course," you reply. "Have fun with Meg."

That stings Milo. He remembers your jealousy against Meg when they were filming the first Zombies movie together. You were allowed behind the scenes and got to watch the movie be filmed. On the day that Zed and Addison almost kissed, you ran into Milo's trailer. You had liked Milo since you were fifteen. You hear a knock on the trailer and open it to see Milo.

"Y/n, I have loved you since we were thirteen. I never told you that I did until we were fourteen but I cannot imagine my life without you. I want you in my life in any way possible but especially romantically." You raise an eyebrow. "Y/n, I'm asking you to be my girlfriend. I love you and I'm in love with you. So what do you say?"

"Yes, yes I'll be your girlfriend." You jump into his arms, causing him to almost fall back. You both laugh and then he kisses you for the first time. "I want to be yours forever."

Milo shakes the thought from his mind. You just wanted to forget him.