chapter fifty-three

Start from the beginning

Lourdes was silent, taking in what he was saying, which was true. She knew the last thing Nala wanted was people breathing down her back every 2 seconds and asking if she was okay or if she needed anything. If they had gone home with her, things would probably be worse.

"You're right, as always," She mumbled.

"I know I am," Rashir shrugged cockily and she chuckled, "But forreal, you'n need to be feeling guilty 'bout anything. You did what you can,"

"I know, I'll just let her know that I'm here if she wants to talk but I'll stop blowing up her phone," She decided, "But still, that whole thing was weird bubs! I can't even take sides because they were both wrong,"

"Yeah, I'on know why Nico went and talked to Skyla. I didn't think they talked anymore," Rashir shook his head, "But Nala was wildin', she wanted to beat that man ass," He chuckled.

"She was scaring me," Lourdes admitted, "But I would be upset too! He was talking to his ex because they're in an argument and then was acting like it wasn't that big of a deal," She smacked her lips, "If you ever think about talking to your ex I will literally shoot you in your sleep," She pointed a threatening finger at him and he laughed.

"I'on got no ex to talk to bae," He held his hands up in a surrendering motion.

"Mhm," She still side-eyed him and he laughed harder.

"You sure you wanna do this baby?" Rashir asked her as she bounced on his lap nervously

"You sure you wanna do this baby?" Rashir asked her as she bounced on his lap nervously. Everyone was bored sitting at the house so they decided to go out and find something to do on the boardwalk. Somehow, Gianna had convinced the girls to get matching tattoos at a random shop. Aaliyah took a lot more convincing than Lourdes, since she didn't have any tattoos on her body, but when Gianna started begging, she caved.

Lourdes didn't mind getting the tattoo, she already had multiple but it was the pain that scared her. She usually put on numbing cream but since this was spontaneous, she hadn't. They were getting three hearts on their arm, and a different heart was filled in on each of them. They tried to choose a spot that wouldn't be too painful, but Lourdes was still nervous.

"Yes I'm sure," She insisted, "I just don't like the pain,"

"You getting a baby tat, it's not gon' be that bad," Rashir said while rubbing her thigh, "You can hold my hand if you want," He cheesed and she laughed.

"How long this gon' take?" Mateo asked.

"Like 45 minutes," Gianna shrugged, "The design isn't that complicated and we're all getting it at the same time,"

"Does it hurt a lot?" Aaliyah nervously rubbed up and down her arms.

"Not even! You guys are being so dramatic," Gianna gestured to Aaliyah and Lourdes, "If Nala were here, she'd call you both pussies,"

"Nala damn near has a whole sleeve, I only have like 3," Lourdes whined. She had a spine tattoo, one behind her ear, and one under her right breast. They were all pretty small except for her spine tattoo.