10 | Gruesome Gatherings

Start from the beginning

" I can bring Raina along with the children but I am afraid I will not be able to make it, I have a few things to do at the office " Roux pursed his lips, running his free hand through this curls.

" I am also afraid I never asked, Roux. I was also a CEO and I know how hard it gets, the hardest. A few hours would not bring your company to the ground, son. I expect to see you all here in the next four hours "

The man did not wait for a reply as he ended the call causing Roux to clench his jaw in annoyance. His father was always demanding, got whatever he wanted and Roux did not want to give him that. The two personalities just did not match.

Slipping his phone into the pocket of his sweats, Roux exited his bedroom and headed down the hallway in search for Raina McCoy. His ear perked up upon catching some sounds coming from Emma Addington's bedroom and he headed towards the direction.

Upon reaching there, Roux attempted to push the door open but stopped himself at the sight he could see through the crack from the door. He did not get a full view but he could make out Raina McCoy playing teaparty with Emma and Ethan Addington.

His eyes slightly widened at the sight. He was surprised. Thea Addington always dismissed the proposal to play the game, saying it was childish. She wanted the children to grow fast, especially Emma Addington. She did not need the girl playing ‘ Useless tea party games ’ when she could be working hard to prove to the men that she was not just some girl.

Yes, that was what it was all about. Thea Addington had grown up used to Chauvinism and that was probably one of the reasons she turned out to be power craving. Both her and her mother had been looked down on.

“ They are girls, what use are they but to breed? They could not possibly do anything. They are not useful ”

Thea Addington hated it. She worked her arse off just to be considered and even though she was smarter that her little brother was, her father's oil business had been passed down to him because he was a male and she was a female. She did not want same for Emma Addington so that was where she had put her focus on, making the girl more mature than her age.

Making her useful.

The games, toys, tea parties and every other thing was just a distraction, just a bunch of trash taking out space and Thea Addington loved to clear trash. Emma Addington had to be perfect, fit. Thanks to George Addington, the little girl and her brother were still able to keep their massive amount of toys.

" Would you like your tea with some sugar or honey, Missus Raina? " Emma Addington asked, highlighting on her British accent and the corners of Rouxs' lips twitched.

Raina McCoy was bringing back every ounce of childishness Thea Addington had buried deep in them. She was letting them be free, she was letting them be what they were. Children.

" I would appreciate some sugar, Missus Emma and the prince here will take the same, thank you " Raina turned to ruffle the wig that had been placed on Ethan Addington's head.

Roux watched in silence as Emma Addington tilted the pink tea pot, pouring out imaginary tea into the cups placed before Raina and Ethan before dumping in fake dices of sugar into them both.

" Why, thank you, Missus Emma " Raina nodded at the girl, the similar pink wig she had on her head tilting as she bent to take a sip of her non-existent tea.

In as much as Roux hated that he had to ruin their fun moment, his father's order hovered above his head like a pestering, dark cloud. Four hours. He heaved a breath as he pushed the door open, causing the trio's head to snap towards his direction.