Chapter 16: Plan C isn't Ready Yet!

Start from the beginning

I CAN'T PICK A FAVORITE SO I'LL JUST LOVE THEM ALL! It looks amazing! I wanted to save this for a dramatic scene (trust me, there will be lots) but I'll just post it now!

Also before I stop bothering you, should I post the art at the start of the chapter or at the end? Thank you, if you decide to respond.

Enjoy!

——
Oden thought of himself as a confident person. As long as he had his eyes on the goal, he would reach it. That's why approaching a girl would be easy. He stared at Ophelia who sat opposite Reni while they ate lunch.

I watched Oden, who was shaking in a corner. Al saw my face turn ugly.

"What's wrong, Rael?" I glanced at him.

"I'm just looking at something unpleasant."

Oden was an arrogant person. He lived in a bubble where he thought could surpass anyone and anything so long he worked hard enough. His rash attitude, short temper, and sharp tongue made him a difficult person to handle. But when that said difficult person had to become friendly all of a sudden—

They froze up.

I pinched my nose bridge, cursing under my breath. When Oden wasn't being rude or cocky, he was an awkward mess. I stood up.

"I'll be back, I just need to do something." I walked to Oden who was fidgeting and grabbed his shoulder.

"I told you to approach her, not stalk her." Oden glowered at me as he slapped my hand away.

"S-shut up! I'm not good at talking to people without—" He bit his tongue.

"Being an ass?" I finished for him and his glare intensified.

"I'm helping you right now and this is how you act towards me?"

"Who's helping who now!? Aren't you the one who grabs my hand at night or else you'll have nightmares?"

"That was one time!"

"Still. This is a part of the deal. As long as you accomplish it, I'll allow you to hug my hand and have nice dreams." I grinned as I teased him. His face was bright red as he gritted his teeth. It was amusing to tease him.

"Watch me then! I'll approach her right this instance!" He suddenly shouted. He began stomping towards Ophelia's table. I watched him stop right behind her. Reni noticed Oden and said something. Oden froze.

Ophelia looked behind her and saw Oden. I walked closer to hear what they were talking about.

"—anything?" Ophelia said as I took a seat by the table closest to them. I looked at Oden who fidgeted. He opened his mouth and closed it.

"Y-you! You're Ophelia Phorest, right?!" He shouted as he pointed at her. Ophelia blinked.

"Yes?"

"I have business with you!"