Four

" We do not exist in, any other instant, here in this dimension, you and I are meant to be."
Stay ready( what a life); Jhene Aiko, Kendrick lamar

---

Cain wants to draw her.

He wants to draw Davina.

He didn't know why, but the moment the teacher explained the instructions, his first thought was to draw and paint her. Cain hadn't drawn in a while, last time he did was when he was in the mental facility. He drew on the tables and walls with crayons and markers he was given, but when he was transferred to juvenile detention, he stopped and hadn't drawn since then.

Currently, Cain was at home, his bedroom window open since he was smoking a cigarette. He had a chair sat in front of one of the light grey painted walls and a pencil tracing along it, so like a child...

Cain was drawing on the wall.

With his photographic memory, he chose one of the memories he had replayed in his head and used that as a starting sketch.

He used yesterday's events. The arpon and her curls, her body and face. Now that he can picture her, he starts to remember her lips. She had plump lips, her top lip was a bit darker than the bottom but in the middle pink nonetheless. 

She was wearing a shiny gloss over lip liner, a brown shade, popular in the brand Nyx shade that he saw on a few other girls at school. Davina had a beauty mark right above her lip on the left side of her face, it was small but reminded him of Marilyn Monroe, she also had one above her right eyebrow.

An hour passed and Cain had finished a rough sketch of Davina. His fingertips were covered in smudged lead and there were eraser shavings and some cigarette ashes on the floor. Cain got up and put his second cigarette out, he walked to his bathroom and washed his hands.

All of a sudden, the voice of his uncle rang out through his room. " Cain! What the hell?!" Cain walked out of his bathroom and saw his uncle in distress. " You can't draw on the wall, what are you, five? And is that the girl from the cafe?" Roderick looked for any type of confirmation but got none. Cain just stood there silently.

" Cain, please, wash it off." Those words hit something in Cain, making him shake his head. "C-Cain-" Roderick stopped speaking and sighed. " You know what fine, but don't draw random people, it's weird and makes you look like a creep." Cain's eyebrow twitched.

Creep? What was it with everyone calling him a creep today?

" How about you get out today, go to a party or something?" Cain stood there without an answer. " Maybe you'll even see that girl." At those words, Cain's mood changed slightly. " You'd have to walk or take your skateboard, the gas is too high here." Cain nodded and Roderick left then closed Cain's door behind him.

-

Davina sat in Jenny's car as she drove to the party Jenny was invited to. Davina didn't want to go but Jenny begged her but she also didn't want to be home so she decided to go. " We'll meet Kayla there but I'm excited, you haven't been to one in forever." Davina looked out the window at passing trees and roads. " Yea." She sighed.

Davina didn't really like parties or outings with friends. Though she'd go out to the mall once in a while, she never really left the house. She was introverted and never really had the energy or motivation to have fun like everyone else. She always preferred staying in and doing art or reading a good book on her phone, that was her idea of fun. But because of the events at home earlier she decided it was probably best if she went out.

" Looks like it's already packed, it just started." Jenny said, luring Davina out of her thoughts. She looked over at the large house and Jenny was right. It was packed, you could see other teenagers running to the back of the house, others were outside in the front yards talking and drinking, music blasted from the inside and there were also red solo cups everywhere over the nice cut grass.