Wanting

Hi again. I'm back. This chapter will work a little differently, because because it's Skye as the lead in 1st person. I will switch between them every chapter so I get a feel for both characters and you know what's going on in both of their heads. Also, I got this out so soon because I'm busy the next couple of days, and I wanted to get something out before then. Anyways on to the chapter!!!!!!

It was still peaceful when I woke up. It was late morning but everyone was sleeping in because of the late night. I figured I didn't have anything better to do than go inside and hope Ryder was awake. When I walked past the glass doors it wasn't Ryder I found, It was Chase.

"Good morning." He said casually. I just smiled in return, and plopped down on my pink bean bag. We sat in awkward silence for a while until Ryder came downstairs. 

"Everyone else sleeping?" He asked. "If they are, can you two wake everyone up, I'm gonna make breakfast. Chase nodded, and we went together to wake everyone up. It was easy and more convincing when we added the word breakfast, and everyone was up in three minutes.

Every morning after breakfast, Chase goes on a walk with one of the pups, changing every day. He says it's a good way to stay in touch with everyone. Today was my turn, so after breakfast, we headed out. 

I had no idea what to say, as usual. The usual pit in my stomach whenever chase was around, wasn't helping either. I didn't need to start a conversation though, because Chase always did.

"It's been beautiful the last few days. So peaceful too." He commented. I just nodded. He looked over at me, and smiled. I could feel my face getting hotter. "Not much of a talker anymore?" He asked." I gave him a face. "I'll talk when I feel like it." I said.

We kept walking in silence for a while, until we got to the beach, where we saw family, two parents and two girls, messing around and having fun. I looked over at Chase, and he was smiling. "I want a family one day," Chase said. "I don't know when, but someday."  I hesitated. "Me too."

I wondered if he wanted a family with ME, because that's what I wanted. It's what I've always wanted, but I know I'll never be able to tell him. Our friendship means the world to me, and if I got rejected, that would ruin it, and I wouldn't want my face shown within a mile of adventure bay. But I love him. I don't want to feel sad every time I think of him. Of what could have been. I need to tell him. I will tell him. Just not today. I keep trying to approach him but my stomach turns, my mind starts racing, and I end up backing off.

I realized I was in a trance, and snapped out of it. I realized Chase was looking at me, and he seemed worried. "Are you okay?" He asked in a concerned tone. "Yeah, why?" I responded. "For a couple minutes you were just standing there, not blinking and not moving," He said. You weren't even breathing that much." Wow. He took in a lot. "You were watching?" I asked curiously. He turned away quickly. "No." He muttered, and I swore he cursed under his breath.

"Should we head back now?" I asked. Now it was his turn to "just nod." While we were walking back I allowed myself to be swept away in my thoughts again. Why did he get so flustered? I hadn't seen him like that since we were 7 and I went into a ravine to save Chickaletta. It was cute seeing him worried for me. I miss those days. Growing up is weird. Everything changes whether it's something you want to change or something you don't. I think I've gotten pretty lucky, so far.

We got back pretty quickly, and we were quickly bored because we had absolutely nothing to do. 

                                                                                     LATER + Chase's POV

It was 8 PM and we were going to watch another movie, because there's nothing better to do. I entered to lookout to find Marshall, Rubble, Rocky and Zuma talking to Ryder. "I think we're ready," Marshall said. "Pleeeeeease?" Ryder turned over to me. "They want to watch Jaws," Ryder said. "I'm not putting it on unless everyone agrees, so is that okay with you?" I hated movies like that. I snuck one when I was 11 and I had nightmares for a week, but I couldn't be the one to chicken out, that's not cool.

"I'm honestly fine with whatever they put on." I said. I gave Marshall a look that said "You're welcome." Ryder looked over at Skye, who said "Sure, whatever." I know she hates them too.

Is jaws trademarked?

The movie was starting in 10 minutes. I decided I was going to wait outside to try to calm myself. Skye came up to me. "I can't watch horror movies. I hate them," She said. "It's too much for me." I nodded. "Same." Apparently she looked surprised. "You're scared of horror movies?" She asked. "Yeah," I responded. "I will get nightmares, but I'm gonna push through." The expression on her face was impossible to read. "I'll try," She said. "But I can't promise I'm going to make it through the whole movie."

The next thing I knew, the movie had started. Skye had sat down next to me, and I knew it was going to be a tough ride.

I'm going to end it there. This might be the last update in a while, because I'm busy but I will try to get one out friday or saturday. I'll see you then, but for now, PEACE OUT.