"Good thing you ain't."

A notification from Alyssa's phone caught her attention and she checked the notification. Kapri grabbed his things to get ready to leave right before Alyssa stopped him.

"You think you're gonna be done with whatever by nine o'clock?" She asked and he twisted his lips to the side.

"I Should be. Why, wassup?"

"I wanted you to watch the kids for me. Grandparents have their anniversary tonight so they're gonna be gone."

"Aight I can do that." He nodded. "Where you gotta be later on?"

"Damn okay nosey since you wanna be all up in my business...I have a date."

...

"A date?" He licked over his lips. "Who you got a date with?" He said trying not to sound too bothered. He wasn't tryna pry but he ain't never seen her with no other guy except Tyrone so he was curious.

Alyssa scrunched her face up and chuckled. "A guy I met on campus."

"Oh." Kapri's eyes widened. "It's a nigga? Here I was thinking you might've switched teams." He joked, causing Alyssa to shove him back slightly.

"Very funny. You swear you're a comedian or something." She rolled her eyes. She definitely talked to a very guys after Tyrone but that's all it was talking. Most of the guys she interacted with were immature or she simply wasn't interested after noticing their first red flags. She had been solely focused on her babies and finishing her last year.

"Shit I should've been."

Crying took over in Alyssa's ears as she held the baby up watching him cry. "Aww the wittle baby is hungry." She coo'd kissing over the babies face. "Okay I'll see you later."

It had been an hour since Kapri left and Alyssa was busy making herself a smoothie as she held a conversation on the phone with her best friend.

"You told him about your date?" Jade asked Alyssa while she glanced in the living room at Mia who tickled Onyx.

"I mean I didn't want to but he asked what I had to do so I told him."

"Was he jealous? When you told him?"

Alyssa scoffed. "Why would he be jealous Jade? Actually why would I care if he was jealous or not?"

"Well if he showed any sign of jealousy, Alyssa that would mean he's obviously into you. Keep acting like you don't want him to be into you."

"I'm not acting like anything." Alyssa chuckled, finding what her friend was saying funny. She pressed down the button on the blender and held down the cover as the noise from the blender went off. Once she stopped the blender she said, "He has a girlfriend and I fell off the Kapri band wagon a long time ago."

"Did you now?"

"Mhm hm."

"That's just your mind talking. But your heart feels differently."

"You want me to be a home wrecker so bad." Jade cackled over the phone as Alyssa rolled her eyes. "Chase after my sons father and he's with another girl just to end up with my heart broken? Yeah no. I've moved on from him and I been over it."

"You saying you moved on from him like that was your man."

"I mean I had him before her so he was." Alyssa laughed. "That was a joke."

"Sure." Jade commented, sarcastically. "You know I meant to tell you this morning but my trainer was rushing my ass off the phone but I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and something happened to catch my eye. Imma send it to you right now."