Chapter 24: Dive bar on the east side, where you at?🔥

Start from the beginning

Everyday, I try not to read the negative press around Sarawat, everyday I give in and end up reading it all. When the company took full responsibility for the fire and shared all the details of the incident transparently, the company's stocks started to free fall. The stock prices finally stabilised yesterday, but there has already been a lot of PR damage done. I guess that's what happens when you try to do the right thing and take responsibility for your actions — You face consequences of the society that can never image a large corporation being this honest.

"I think its amazing that the company took responsibility." Mil said. "You and I both know, most big companies would never do that — It would be like suicide.

I mean, it wouldn't be that hard hiding an incident like this on a secluded island. Thanawat has done that before."

"It was amazing... but it was necessary. Sarawat isn't Thanawat, or even close to it."

"You know Tine, may be you were right, may be I judged him to soon. Sarawat is not like your father or any other businessmen in the country. I think now I understand why you married him."

I stared at my wedding ring and then back at Mil.

That part was true. He wasn't like anyone I had ever met. Sarawat was one of a kind — and I missed him.

I miss my husband.

I miss sleeping next to him.

I miss waking up to his scent.

I miss the sound of our wedding rings that clinked together.

"He's nothing like those people and he will never be." I tried to put up a smile as I stacked up all the papers together.

"By the way, should we take the team out for dinner today? We didn't even celebrate moving into the new office . You could invite Sarawat too? I'd love to meet him."

I shook my head. "Not tonight. I need to get home. And Sarawat is — too busy to even think about a dinner outside these days.

Lets just take the team out for lunch tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I understand. Of course."

"Oh and... hope you have already invited your parents to the law firm's launching party? I really want to thank your father properly for helping me out at the last minute."

"You don't need to thank him, Tine. It was literally the first time you ever called him for help — He was honestly very happy to hear from you."

"Still, I do need to thank him for everything he did. I am sure it wasn't an easy decision for him to take a patient who was already unstable. No hospital wants to take that kind of responsibility on themselves — And he helped me save someone's life."

"He just did what he thought was right. And he did tell me to remind you to come to the hospital for your annual checkups which you have missed for the last two years."

I nodded. "I'll try to go when I can."

"And to answer your question. Both mom and dad will be there at the party, if not for me then for you. They were ecstatic when I told them you got married... and then they spent the next hour reminding me that if I don't find someone soon, I might die all alone.

Anyways, you better bring Sarawat to the party, mom is very excited to meet 'your husband.'"

I chuckled. "Is she? If he's free, I am sure he'll come.... If he's free."

/

/

/

/