Chapter 18: Help me hold onto you

Tine's POV

"I can't believe you just followed him in the middle of nowhere."

Mil asked me over the phone. I had given up on video meetings already. The internet was frustratingly slow. For now, I was just trying to be content with being able to check my emails and managing everything else over phone calls.

I had spent the entire day holed up in the hotel room, trying to finish up some important case paperwork. The sun had set and the moon was up. I could already hear the waves getting stronger — well, at least the view from hotel room was amazing.

"Honestly Mil..." I answered on the phone. "I'm glad to be here. The place is beautiful. The air is so clean. I can't remember the last time I got out of the city."

Mil chuckled. "Now, you are acting like you went there for sightseeing. You just went there to be with Sarawat, didn't you?"

"Yeah.. Yeah I guess, you are right. I did come here for him. He needs me here."

When I closed down work, I forced myself to leave the room at least once and have some dinner in the restaurant downstairs. It was weird how I was alone most of the time in this small town and yet, I never felt lonely. The place was so serene. I'd probably never come back here again, but I really wish I would.

Sarawat came back around midnight again — just like the night before. The lights were already off. I could hardly see him but I could tell he was trying very hard not to make any noise as he moved around.

"Wat, you don't have to tip toe. I am not asleep." I called out from the bed, curled in a blanket.

"You're up?" Sarawat sounded startled.

"Yeah."

"Do you usually sleep that late?"

I laughed. "No. Its just awfully quiet here and there is no TV, so it takes me longer to fall asleep."

"Right.. TV. I should have asked the hotel to put a TV in here."

"Its not that bad. I—I like not sleeping alone.... How was your day?"

"Tiring." Sarawat took off his coat and went straight into the shower before climbing into the bed.

/

/

/

When I woke up, I could feel Sarawat's hand snaked under my tshirt. Sarawat had had nightmares again last night, but he had calmed down rather quickly this time. And that's how I ended up entangled on his side of the bed again, even though we were sleeping on a god damn king sized bed.

Sarawat's head was nestled over my shoulder and I could almost feel his lips touching my neck. I could feel the heat coming off of him and it made me rethink every decision I had made in my life. — making it hard to breath.

So, I just stayed there. Feeling his touch and hoping it would last an eternity, even though I knew it would be over soon.

After what only felt like a few seconds, Sarawat's alarm rang on his phone and he moved — just a little bit. I felt his hands explore my back and I subconsciously drew closer. His hand traced my spine from the top to the very end — taking me back to that day at the office that I try to forget everyday, but I just can't. I could never.

Suddenly, Sarawat withdrew his hands and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Good morning." I heard him whisper in my ear.

"Morning." I looked at him.

"I had nightmares again last night, didn't I?"

I nodded.