one.

*Flashback to a year ago*
        Hazel and her friends rode their bikes to the quarry. Once they got there, they all removed their clothes until they were only in their undergarments.
"I know you guys are staring." Hazels back was turned but she could still feel the boys' eyes burning into her back.
"What! No. We would never." They all quickly turned their eyes from her back, trying to make it seem like they were innocent.
All five of them stood awkwardly waiting for someone to jump in. Eddie looked scared shitless, Bill just didnt want to jump first, Richie was also scared shitless, Stan was completely zoned out, looking down at the water, and Hazel was waiting for someone to speak up.
"For fucks sake. If no ones going to jump, I will." Hazel immediately jumped, closing her eyes and plugging her nose.
"Hazel wait!" Those words were the last thing she heard before she went under. She decided to pull a prank on them, sitting under the water for a long time. Hazel can hold her breath and stay underwater for two minutes at a time so this was easy for her.
She soon heard all of the boys jump in, quickly trying to find her to pull her up. Once one of then grabbed her arm, they successfully pulled her out of the water, She realized it was Eddie because she could hear him freaking out while pulling her out.
She immediately starts dying of laughter. Eddie was still holding onto her, making sure she was okay. The other four boys were now swarming around her, worry on all their faces
"Shes laughing. Shes fucking laughing. Of course she is." Richie kept repeating as he started swimming away, catching onto what Hazel just did.
"I didnt actually start drowning. I was just swimming underwater." Eddies face dropped, and he quickly let go of the girl. Bill and Stan started to make fun of how concerned Eddie was. Hazel made her way over to Richie, who was now sitting on a rock by the shore. "C'mon man, please dont tell me youre in a bad mood."
"What makes you say that." Richie then had an idea. Hazel started talking, and in the middle of her sentences, Richie picked her up bridal style and threw her in the water.
Hazel didnt think anything of it, however, Eddie became very jealous very fast. Hazel swam over to Eddie, noticing how upset he was. "Are you okay?"
Hazel and Richie were like siblings to eachother. In kindgarten, Richie was Hazels only friend. It wasnt until sixth grade Hazel became friends with the whole group. Hazel and Richie never thought of eachother as anything other than friends. Neither of them had an once of romantic liking towards the other.
"Yeah, Im fine." Eddie stared at her face, taking in her features, She was standing next to him, looking at the other three boys play fighting. Eddie never realized that beautiful she was. Dont get it twister, he always thought she was, just he hasnt ever actually been this close to her, staring at her features.
"Are you sure? If theres something bothering you, you can always talk to me. Im hear for you, forever and always" Hazel was trying to make sure he knew he had someone he could always talk to, no matter the circumstances.
"I know. Remember, you can always talk to me aswell." Hazel gave him a light but meaningful smile. She found his hand under the water and gave it a squeeze before letting go and going back to the other boys. Eddie stayed in his spot for a moment, before giving himself a smile and going with his friends aswell.
Once they were done swimming, they all got back to the top of the cliff and put their clothes back on. Stan had to be somewhere, so he hurried on his bike and was gone in the blink and an eye. Bill, Richie, Eddie, and Hazel all got on their bikes and headed for their houses. Bill and Richies houses were close to eachother and so were Eddie and Hazels. They spilt their ways and Eddie and Hazel were just enjoying the moment. They were having a nice conversation, until Hazels house came into view. Hazel and Eddie said bye to eachother before Hazel walked into her house. Eddie rode his bike to his house.
———————————————————
Hazel woke to the sound of her alarm blaring through her ears. She groaned, not wanting to wake up on the last day of school. She got out of bed and headed to her bathroom.
        Hazel took a quick shower. After her shower, she brushed her red hair and white teeth. She got dressed in some black jean shorts and a plain blue tank top. She finished the look off with a grey zip-up because of the schools dress code.
        She walked down her steps and into the kitchen where her mom was making breakfast. She sat down at the island and waited for her food. Her mom made her the same thing, scrambled eggs with 2 pieces of bacon.
        Hazel quickly ate noticing the time. She put her plate in the sink, grabbed her bookbag, and headed for the door. She walked into the garage and grabbed her bike.
        Her bike to the school was peaceful until she heard a voice say, "Hey princess."
        "Hey Richie!" Hazel recognized the voice and his use of the word princess. It was like their thing, Richie would call her princess, Hazel would flip him off and tell him to fuck off. She was in a good mood this morning so she didnt feel the need to flip him off.
        They both rode to school. Richie and Hazel had every single class together. As they walked to their last class of the day, they both took out a piece of paper and started to pass noted to eachother. Hazel sat right in front of Richie so it was pretty easy for them to pass the notes without getting caught. As soon as the bell rung, they both sprung out of their seats, excited to finally see their friends. They didnt have any classes with any of their others friends, so seeing their friends was a big deal.