"He'll see you, ladies. Second floor, third door on the left."

"Thanks."

We took the elevator up to the second floor and stared in wonder at the beautiful green and gold walls.

"This is impressive."

"Right?" I asked.

"Third door on the right."

The signage on the door read Alpha Wesley.

"Yeah, I would say this is the place." I knocked and waited.

"Enter."

Inside was a large waiting room with chairs lining the wall. In front of yet another door was a moderately sized desk with an older woman sitting behind it.

"Good afternoon, how may I help you?" she asked.

"Hi. I'm Elanor and this is Ashley. We need to speak with Alpha Wesley, please."

"Of course. He is waiting for you both. Would you like a tea or coffee?"

"Coffee would be great. Thank you," I said as she led us through the second door.

"Yes, coffee would be great. Thanks."

"Do you have a particular flavor yoo like?" she questioned, looking at us over the rim of her glasses.

"Oh! Yes, if you have anything vanilla?" I asked.

"Me too!" Ashley added.

"Absolutely, ladies. Good choice. The french vanilla is my favorite." She winked at us before pushing an intercom button on her desk. "Alpha. The Beta and Gamma's daughters are here."

"Thank you, Henrietta. Send them in. I've been expecting them."

"I appreciate you seeing us on such short notice, Alpha. We're traveling to Winter Lake on unofficial pack business," I said, glancing at Ashley. "There have been a series of attacks in Moon Mist and Misty Pines, have you noticed or been informed of any strange attacks or bites recently?"

He nodded his head looking solemn. "Yes. I am kind of aware of the situation that has been progressing further into the kingdom. Your Alpha phoned me this morning."

"He did..." I stopped talking as Henrietta entered with three cups of coffee.

"Sir, I fiigured you may need a cup of coffee."

"Thank you," he said to the middle-aged, nearly all grey haired woman.

She smiled and nodded her head as she left the office.

"Yes. He did. He didn't elaborate much. He said you would be able to fill me in with what has been found so far."

"An unknown creature bite. We've come across three so far. The first was a deer found on my father's property, another was a trucker who crashed on the outskirts of Moon Mist and the other was a human found in Misty Pines."

He looked at me like I had three heads. "Did you say a human? As in a human human?"

Ashley and I nodded our heads.

"How on earth did a human get into the kingdom."

"We're not sure, sir. We haven't been able to figure that out." I took a sip of my coffee. "Have there been any attacks here?"

Alpha Wesley shook his head. "Not that I'm aware of. I wouldn't know though. Animal attacks are usually left up to our police chief, Wayne."

"Would we be able to see him?" Ashley questioned.

"Yes. Of course. He should be at the station. Let me give him a quick call."

The Alpha picked up his phone and made a quick call. He spoke swiftly and quietly into the receiver before hanging up.

"He's there, ladies. Just head down the street about two blocks on the right. You can't miss it. I would walk you but I am expecting my Beta in about ten minutes."

"Oh, that's not a problem at all. We appreciate the time you took for us."

"Good luck with finding out what's attacking."

We nodded and headed toward the police station. The city was even more beautiful the further we went in. Specialty boutiques lined the streets as people walked about chatting and shopping.

"Look at that store!" Ashley exclaimed, stopping in front of a clothing shop.

"Later."

"But that dress!" she squealed.

"It's gorgeous. We can stop when we're done."

"Ugh. Fine."

I grabbed her arm and drug her down the street to the police station. It sat in the middle of a grassy patch, not quite as big as the town hall but larger than the shops we just walked past.

"Alright. Let's go find this police chief."

As we walked up the steps, I stopped. The smell hit like a sack of bricks to the face.

"That smell," Ashley said, turning her head.

"Yeah. It's the same."

"Do we get the chief or find where the smell is coming from?"

"Both? I'll follow the smell, you get the chief and then follow."

"Are you sure? This smells a lot fresher than the other one."

"I think. If I can see whatever is doing this that could be helpful."

"What if it attacks?"

"I guess I trust my wolf? She should be able to fight it off, right?"

Ashley shrugged her shoulder. "I have no clue. I've only been 18 for a few months. I haven't had to fight yet."

"Either way, we have to find whatever is doing this. You get the chief, I'll go after the smell."