The Main Six Duo Headcanons

Start from the beginning

- Texas also gets flustered when Gov gets assertive or sassy with him.

Gov x California

- Gov and Cali keep each other in line. Gov calls Cali out on his hypocrisy and keeps him from getting too big for his britches, while Cali calls Gov out on every shady thing he does.

- Gov loves dad jokes and Cal loves wordplay, so these two will just tell puns at each other and it is the most embarrassing thing to be seen with in public.

- Gov and Cal are usually the designated drivers if they and their boyfriends go out drinking. It's always good to not be the only one not drinking, so you have someone to keep you company and not tempt you.

- I have more thorough headcanons based around this idea, but Gov was the one who mainly helped California get sober, and was most supportive of him during his recovery.

- Yes, Cal and Gov did team up to do a Wordle, California was very happy.

Louisiana x Florida

- The transition from besties to lovers was easy for them, because now they've just added sex and kissing to their list of things they do.

- When they get caught up in the moment they start speaking in Cajun and Spanish, and neither can understand the other, but it's fun to guessing what the other is saying, and saying incredibly dirty things to the other in a language they can't understand.

- Many times they have taken alligators and begged the others to let them keep them as pets, thus far they have been unsuccessful in obtaining a pet alligator.

- Loui did follow up on his offer to teach Florida the dances Swing, Zydeco, and Cajun Jitterbug, and Florida responded by teaching him his own dances. Now they have this weird sort of dance they do together where they drift between the different styles, it's always fun to watch.

- Florida is most willing to receive care by Loui, not because he doesn't trust his other boyfriends, but because Loui was his best friend long before he was his boyfriend, so he's more used to Loui taking care of him.

- That said Loui does regret and has been trying to rectify some mistakes he made with Florida before they were dating, mainly not curbing a lot of his self destructive tendencies.

Louisiana x New York

- Loui and New York are two very different people; of the polycule they were the two who had interacted with each other the least. But they did want to give each other a shot.

- Loui is persistent, and New York likes to succeed at things, including relationships. They did find a common ground, that being they both have a flair for the dramatic.

- New York is nervous about showing the softer sides of himself to California, Texas, and Florida, but with Loui and Gov he finds it easier. I think for his and Loui's first real bonding experience he took Loui (and Gov) to a show on Broadway.

- That suit that Loui wore when he was in charge of the meeting, New York made it for him. How Loui found out that New York can sew no one knows and they especially don't know how Loui convinced him to make it for him. Probably by threatening to tell everyone he could sew.

- Loui and New York read aloud for Florida a lot of the time, since they have the best reading voices.

Louisiana x Texas

- Texas and Loui get along a lot better than most would think. They're neighbors and especially along their shared borders there is a lot of cultural exchange (Like Cajuns). They also often go through hurricanes together and help each other out when the other is in trouble.