Chapter 2

Peter started to court Stiles, bringing him small things to start with like Stiles favorite curly fries from his favorite cafe. He would bring him coffees, and milkshakes too. Then he moved on to Reeces peanut butter cups. All the things he knew Stiles loved.

The first time Peter brought him curly fries, and Stiles noticed that he didn't bring anyone else anything, it made him smile, made him feel special.

Stiles had noticed that Peter was scenting him more than usual, even Derek. He didn't realize what was going on until Peter walked past him and pretended to trip, and spilt his drink all over Stiles.

"Oh Stiles, I'm so sorry, lets get you out of that wet shirt, here, you can wear one of mine." Peter had said, and he so happened to have a spare shirt just lying around.

Stiles saw Peters face once he was wearing his shirt. The look of pure want. It then dawned on him that Peter was courting him. He read all about werewolf traditions, he cant believe he didn't realize sooner.

Stiles quickly made an exit and headed home, leaving Peter standing there.

Peter wasn't sure why Stiles had bolted. Derek came down the stairs, and asked where Stiles had gone. Peter explained what had happened, causing Derek to laugh.

"He probably realized you are courting him." Derek laughed.

"What are you talking about?, I'm not courting him, don't be ridiculous Derek."

"Oh come on Peter, its so obvious, all the coffees, chocolate, Curly fries. All of Stiles favorites foods and drinks. I think you are forgetting that I am also a born wolf, I know what courting means."

"He's my mate." Peter said.

"Wow, that is so rare to find your mate, why haven't you said anything?." Derek asked. "Have you known all along?."

"Yes, I was waiting till he turned 18. Also, its not like I actually deserve him, I mean look at him, he's smart, brave, loyal, he would die for the ones he loves, I'm a murdering Psycho"

"No you're not, well you were, but not anymore. Even I can see how much you have changed, and I now understand what you went through with the fire, the coma, being left alone, which I was a part of that. I have forgiven you for Laura."

"You forgive me?."

"Yeah I do. You're my family Peter, my pack, and so is Stiles."

"What if he rejects me?."

"He wont."

"He ran off, I scared him away."

"Peter you are an idiot. You said before, that Stiles would die for the one he loves, you are one of the ones he loves. I can smell it every time he is around you, hell the whole pack can."

"But why......?"

"Maybe he didn't think you returned his feelings, and it surprised him a little. He will come round, just let it sink in for him."

Peter nodded. "Thank you Derek."

"For what?."

"For trusting me again, for forgiving me, and being here, being my pack. We all know the pack hates me, and they sure as hell don't trust me, and Scott is only allowing me in the pack because of Stiles, and if it wasn't for him, and for you, I don't know what I would have done."

"I wont abandon you again Peter, you have my word." Derek stated.

**

Stiles had rushed home, rushed inside the house, panicking.

"Stiles, what is it, what happened?. Are you okay, breath for me, okay, just breath." Noah said as he tried to calm his son down.

"Peter......he....."

Noah was mad. "What did he do Stiles, did he hurt you, I will kill him."

"No...no...no....he hasn't done anything, well nothing to hurt me anyway."

"Okay, so what has he done to cause you to have a panic attack?."

"I realized he is courting me."

Noah smiled. "Oh, is that all?."

"What do you mean is that all. Why are you smiling."

"Well, I thought that is what you wanted, you wanted to be with Peter."

"Well yes but, I didn't think he felt the same way, and how are you okay with this>"

Noah sighed. They had agreed to be honest with each other, but this was for Peter to explain it to him. "Peter came to me a few weeks ago, and asked me for my blessing so he could court you."

Stiles jaw dropped. "What?."

"He wants to do right by you Stiles, he wanted to court you first, he didn't want to rush you into anything, And yes, I am okay with it. I wasn't happy at first knowing that my son was in love with a werewolf, an older one that was insane for a short while, but I see the way you look at each other, and you smile when you're with him, or when you talk about him."

Stiles coughed. "I'm not in love with him."

Noah raised his eyebrow as if to say Really?."

"Okay, maybe I am. Oh god, that means he knows how I feel about him." Stiles said rubbing his forehead.

"I thought you were the smart one Stiles?."

"Yeah, but when I'm with him my mind goes to mush. I guess I kind of forget that I will smell of arousal when I'm with him."

"I don't need to hear that Stiles. I'm okay with the two of you, but I certainly don't want the details."

"Oh shit, I just walked out on him, hes probably thinking I don't want him." Stiles said.

"Calm down, we will get take out, and watch a movie, you can sleep and tomorrow, you can go over there and discuss this with him, okay."

"Okay."

The next morning, Scott phoned saying that he had a meeting with a another Alpha who wanted permission to stay in the territory for a while, and Scott wanted Stiles to go with him. His talk with Peter would have to wait.