Day 11.

Saturday.

"I hope you boys have been treating my baby girl good."

"Dad," I whined.

I was always a daddy's girl.

He ruffled my hair. "Annabelle."

Wes rolled his eyes.

"Yes, dad. We only lock her outside on everyday that ends in 'y'."

Lee smacked Wes on the back of his head and smirked.

"You idiot. He means we don't lock her outside in the treehouse on everyday that ends in 'y'."

Wes punched Lee's arm to which Lee put him in a chokehold.

"Boys, don't hit each other," mom chastised as she snooped around the house.  She'd gotten so used to my brothers fighting that she used the same line everything, knowing they'd never listen.

Lee didn't release Wes, though. He squeezed him even harder and ignored Wesley's attempts to break free.

"When are we leaving?" Anthony pulled his phone out and began tapping at it. It seemed like he was playing a game.

"In a few minutes."

"Mom, quit looking for drugs. You know that we either sold them all or used them all before you came. We're not that stupid," Drew said.

"I'm making sure that everything's okay," she replied absentmindedly but clearly thought we were up to no good.

"As you can see, the house is standing," Lee said and waved his arms around.

"Boys, enough attitudes to your mother."

"It's not an attitude, dad. We're just making small talk."

Dad sighed. "Why couldn't we have all girls?"

"See, Shrimp? Even dad agrees that you're not a girl."

"No, he didn't," I told.

"No, he didn't," Wes mocked.

"Be nice," Mom said.

"Let's go, mom."

"All right but don't you think that I'm done looking for the drugs." She smirked and held dad's hand.

"Lee, want to drive the other car?" Dad asked.

"That shouldn't be a question," Lee answered and took the set of car keys.

"Who wants to ride in the cool car?"

"You mean the old people car?" Drew asked.

"That would be Lee's cheap car," dad replied, laughing.

"That cheap car was yours and I only drive it to school so no one ruins the Lamborghini."

"Whatever you say still won't make the car not cheap," Dad said and got into the front seat of the car.

Drew and Anthony followed to dad's car.

"I call shotgun," I said and sprinted to Lee's car.

"You take shotgun and I'll be under your bed tonight," Wes told, slowly walking to Lee's car.

"I don't care. You're always under my bed," I answered. "Lee, hurry up and unlock it before he comes."

"Nellie, you sure you want to take shotgun?" Lee asked and unlocked the doors.

"I never get to sit in the front," I whined.

"That's because everyone knows I always have dibs on the front, Shrimp."

"Oh, well. Not tonight," I said and slammed the door.

Wes smirked. "Remember when you cry to dad, that I warned you. Oh, and if you cry to dad, I'll make sure it's worse."

"I don't care. I'm not scared of you."

"That's not what it seems like. It's seems like you're-"

Lee stopped him, "Okay, enough. Who's ready to suck up to some pricks tonight?"

"These parties mom and dad take us to are so fucking stupid. Every time they're in town, we go to their rich parties."

Wes is right. Every time mom and dad are in town, we have to go along with them to their parties so everyone thinks that our lives are perfect.

These parties include the usual snobby, rich people who practically own the world. We really don't fit in well with them which is why mom and dad make a big fuss out of us acting good. They can't have people thinking badly about us when they achieved so much. If their competitors - the people at the parties - saw us acting bad, it would certainly ruin their business.

It was funny, though, seeing my brothers act polite and suck up to people just for our parents' benefit. They never are nice to anyone really.

"Don't swear."

Wes mumbled something that I couldn't hear.

My phone rang.

It was from Thomas. Babe, I miss youuuu. How's the parents?

And I don't miss youuuu ;) I'm currently on my way to my death

That was harsh but just so you know, I'll only come to your funeral of there's going to be cake

I'll let my murder know to bring the cake because there's no fun party without you. I texted.

You just did. If anyone would murder you, it woud be me because of my good looks. I will never let someone touch you

Would* Thomas sent.

I would say that's sweet but you kind of told me that you would murder me with your good looks. And, never is such a strong word

Thomas texted back, I wouldn't say anything I don't mean. You know that, right?

Before I could reply, Lee and Wesley were getting out of the car. I put my phone back inside of my purse as Wes opened my door.

"Already thinking about how I'm going to get you?" He asked, his hands on the top of the car.

"Of course. I have at least fifty scenarios in my head," I replied with a sarcastic smile.

"And," he said, taking a step closer to me, "none of them are going to happen because I don't follow what people tell me or think I'm going to do."

"Come on," Lee said, he was halfway to the building.

Wes smirked at me before sprinting to Lee, leaving me standing there, motionless.  I shook my head and ran after him.