Chapter 109: The Devil of Vainglory and Vanity

Depuis le début

-Anri: Shut it, Arusha. I want to know a handful of things. And you shall tell me those things.

-Arusha: If it's about how to get a boyfriend, you came 40 years too late, old hag. Since you won't release me, I rather prefer to not have to deal with you.

Anri laughed in disbelief, for her... The one in that cell had caused such a bloodbath that even the gods helped the guard to capture Arusha. So she would never release Arusha, but she was sure to use anything at her disposal to make Arusha talk.

-Anri: I could have you killed, and you say that you don't want to talk to me... Get this straight, you are in this cell because you deserve it. There's no redemption for you, but if you want to have some freedom... You better work with me. Otherwise, I can assure you that you'll be sick of this cell.

-Arusha: Vizgard, would you be so kind to hit Anri? You know what happens if you don't accept.

Vizgard sighed and punched Anri in her gut, which made her double over and fall to the ground. Arusha laughed softly, and clapped her hands while her blue eyes gleamed from her cell, while Anri looked righteously scared of what Arusha had managed to do and didn't understand why Vizgard had done that.

-Arusha: Anri, dear. It's not that all these guards are here to keep me inside. They are here to entertain me enough to make me not want to get out. All the prisoners here are rebels, and people who did wrong things for the right reasons... Do you want to know why? Because I love to see them suffer, I make sure they suffer, and they writhe like the worms they are. So don't try to get cocky in my stone forest, Anri. You should be wise enough to not go inside a godslayer's den without a death wish. How do you call us now? Returned ones? Well, whatever. My message will reach your ears for sure.

-Anri: Then... If you are so powerful... Tell me how to defeat Evan's Sunken Guardians!

-Arusha: The only way to defeat them is to separate them, but that shall never happen. So unless you prepare eight times what you have prepared to kill me, which shall fail, you better think about how one assassin and a crew of twenty idiots managed to seal three Sunken Guardians. After all, you plan on leaving the gems here, right? What a foolish idea, to be honest. If there's one man I shall respect, even if I hate his guts, it's the one you plan on offending by defeating his creations. But if you are here, then it means he'll come here. Vizgard, if that ever happens, seal this entire floor. I don't want to see my young kouhai ever again, and you know the price of failure... Right?

Vizgard gritted his teeth, and nodded silently, while clearly looking angry. Only to be answered with a blast of pure azure mana that came out from the jail cell's door, which did hit Vizgard and pushed him away a few meters.

-Arusha: I am sure I told you how to answer in this kind of situations, Vizgard. It's a 'Yes, madam Arusha'. I know you have far more willpower than the rest of the people here, obviously because you are a perfect counter for mages. But that does not mean you can counter me, and the gap is clearly visible. Literally you did almost win against Evan, if you call an ambush with countless templars ready to die a win, because you swarmed him before he could call all of his undead.

-Vizgard: Yes, madam Arusha. That said, I will be glad to never see you again.Arusha sounded clearly delighted by what she had heard right now, and started pacing across the room while some cutting sounds could be heard.

-Arusha: So, you are telling me that I will be sent to another prison! Yay! That said, as a punishment for your actions... Vizgard... I will ask you to kill all floor five. No survivors, and record all their screams. Otherwise, I will break out and kill all your friends.

-Vizgard: Understood, madam Arusha. I shall not do so. You are getting transferred to Rivialt, and then sent to the sealed world's super max prison.

Arusha groaned, and several azure mana blasts hit Vizgard... Sending him out of the floor with the sheer strength of those blasts. Anri shivered, noticing why Vizgard had accompanied her. Had Anri been alone, Arusha would have killed her without looking back, and that made her notice why some godslayers preferred doing a deal with Evan than letting Arusha and Evan duke it out.
In case of Arusha winning, she would simply cause so much grief that it would be far better to assist Evan in defeating her. This was her second mistake in all of her life, and one she was already regretting. Arusha had given her what she wanted, but it was beyond impossible to fulfill and in fact... It did only bring despair to her mind.Arusha eyes gleamed to look at Anri, and so she started laughing at the sorceress. Her laughter resounded all across the prison, and made everyone shiver and tremble. Such was the fear engraved into every single person in that prison, meant to keep entertained the one known as the devil of vainglory and vanity.