I shook my head.

"I can handle my wife, Brandon."

"I'm not saying you can't. You call me on my shit, I'm calling you on yours. From jump, you should've told her. You also have to think of your image. Hell, her image too. You're a doctor with a wife and two kids now. She's trying to build a career outside of her family's shadow. None of us need any unnecessary attention. Connor is the least of our worries. Teagan is getting the help she needs."

"I don't take lightly to anyone disrespecting our family, B. Last time I checked, you didn't either."

"I don't, which is why he's downstairs waiting to settle this lawsuit so we can move past this." 

"Alright, enough of this back and forth, you have my back or what?"

He stood up and glared at me.

"I get that you're upset, but don't come at me with that bullshit. I've always had had your back!"

"Then have it now!"

"Ty, chill the fuck out, man! I know you want to fuck Connor up, but we have too much on the line to do some shit like that. I know, this is crazy coming from me because I'm always ready for a fight. Still, we have families now, man. No outsider is going to take that away from us. So while I'd love to join you, Brody, Tucker, and Tatum in kicking his ass, I'm going to handle this right way instead. Teagan doesn't need the drama and neither do we."

"Why the hell did you waste my time and call me down here?"

"Fine," I mumbled.

"Come on, he's in the conference room downstairs."

We walked out and I followed him out. Entering the conference room, Connor was there with who I assume was his lawyer. 

"I'm Brandon, this is Teagan's brother, Dr. Tyler Law," Brandon said introducing us. 

Connor was sitting there with a smug look on his face.

"I know who you two are," he commented.

His lawyer looked over at him.

"Good thing the introduction wasn't for you," I quickly retorted, taking a seat.

Brandon looked over at me giving me a look to calm down. Trust me, if I wasn't calm, Connor would've been slumped over the table as soon as I walked in.

"Nice to meet the both of you although I wish it was under different circumstances. I am Connor's attorney, Mr. Kane. Getting right to it, I see from this lawsuit that you are suing my client for slander against a Ms. Teagan Law. From what I am told, she was in some sort of relations at one point with my client. He says it was nothing serious. She was more interested than he was. She..."

"I'm going to have to stop you right there, Mr. Kane. You and I both know we don't need to go back and forth over the specifics of the timeline documented in the lawsuit. If you do want to recall anything, the defamation claim is based on the slander that Connor has been spreading, publicly. Saying something about someone is one thing, but tagging her and other people in our immediate family is another. It's harassment and antagonizing if I'm being frank," Brandon stated.

"There's nothing my client said that was untrue. He has a right to his opinion. As for putting this on a public platform, Dr. Law, is your wife not the daughter of Paul and Stephanie Levesque? Granddaughter of Vince McMahon. From the time she was a teenager, her name was in the tabloids for her behavior. So, Teagan being connected to your wife makes her addiction public knowledge," Mr. Kane added.

"My wife has nothing to do with this lawsuit. Your client knowingly and willingly posted lies about my sister."

Mr. Kane smirked.