Ei's Dilemma Chap.53

Within the palace, Raiden Ei was pacing the floor as she though long and hard about the best course of action, she could of course capture him, but knowing Scaramouche It wouldn't be all that easy and after all these years he'd become cunning, the skies outside were still gray and stormy due to her anger and shock at the moment, Ei knew she should go center herself

.but as she was about to go to the Plane, one of the Palace servants came 

"Your Excellency, Lady Guuji Is here"

Ei turned, letting out a sigh "send her here, thank you"

the woman bowed before she left, and soon guided Yae Miko to where she stood,

Yae sighed, "It's a mess outside, I'm guessing that's your doing"

Ei started pacing once more, and Yae could only watch as she furrowed her brows more

"Ei, you should've dealt with this years ago"

Ei stopped, "I know,"

Yae crossed her arms, "now that child's returned, and he's out for blood"

Ei placed a hand to her forehead, "I am aware, he resents me with all his being and wishes to destroy Inazuma"

"so what'll you do?" asked Yae

"I'll ensure that everyone gets to safety, before I deal with Kunikuzushi myself and -"

Yae turned, "Destroy him?"

Ei froze upon hearing those words, but then she came back to reality and walked passed Yae

"Ei, you're not seriously going to let him roam free,"

Ei stopped "of course not"

"Then why didn't you answer, I've long said this before and I still believe It now, you should've disposed of that puppet years ago"

Ei sighed, "It's not easy as you make It out to be, he has half my powers after all"

Yae shook her head, "that's no excuse, even If that child has a sum of your powers you should still be able to take him down even If there's a dragged out battle"

"I'll find another way"

Yae was shocked, "Another way? what other way is there, he's part of the Fatui, if you remember you already took down one of their members long ago"

Ei furrowed her brows, "I know that"

Yae started walking towards her, "Then why are you hesitant? he's threatened to destroy your region, and everything Including (Y/n) and her family"

Ei clenched her hands, "I won't let him do as he pleases; I'll end this once and for all"

"Really, then why not track him down and ambush him now"

Ei sighed, "because he's smarter than we anticipated, he's not a fool driven by a blind rage and vengeance, he's planning something big and I have no Idea what It is, you didn't see the bloodlust I saw In his eyes hours ago, he is a monster now"

"If he's a Monster all the more reason to Eliminate him"

Ei turned, "No Miko"

Yae was taken aback, she then started "Then what will you do, Lock him up and let him just sit In the Palaces holding cells from now until the end of time"

"No, I'll punish him for all his crimes In my own way"

Yae was starting to become Irritated, "Are you afraid?"

Ei froze, she then furrowed her brows "I never was, and I never will be"

"I can see It all over your face Ei, you don't know what to do with yourself right now"

"Enough"

Yae waved her hand, "If you won't then I'll deal with that child"

she started to leave, but Ei flashed over and grabbed her wrist "don't you dare"

Yae's hair stood on end, she was getting angry "Let go"

 "It's my business Yae, you may be my familiar but don't think you can do as you please I will handle this on my own"

"Ei! I tell you this right now, unless you stop being foolish and come up with a plan I will take action and get rid of him If you can't"

Ei tightened her hold, "how dare you! I won't allow It"

Yae was taken aback, "how dare I! what Is the matter with you, what are you so afraid of and why are you acting so weak!"

*SLAP*

Yae stood stunned, her cheek was pink and stinging as she looked at Raiden Ei who had fury In her eyes, the Electro Archon released the Kitsune as she stepped back

Yae touched her cheek, she then nodded "I see how It is now"

the Kitsune's eyes glowed, she then stepped forward as she slapped Ei across her cheek, and the Electro Archon's own cheek was now red and stinging

"That was for you to get yourself awake," said Yae 

Yae Miko then turned and left the room, while Ei stood still stunned before she let out a sigh, dropping to her knees as she took In a long breath, having flashbacks of the day Scaramouche returned and declared his revenge, but what repeated the most was him calling her Mother.